Topics

Availability of Cabergoline in Canada

julieandjim321@...

Hi there I have a 27yr old hunter that is presently on 6 mg of pergolide, it is very slowly become increasingly expensive to medicate. I am very interested in trying Cabergoline but am having difficulty finding any in Canada. My vet is on board also.
Does anyone know of any availability of the drug in Canada.

many thanks
Julie and Tiger

Lorna in Ontario

Hi Julie,

I can't answer your question, but are you using the Prascend tablets,by any chance ?
If so, you can cut down on cost,without cutting down on effectiveness,by using compounded Pergolide.
I used Island Pharmacy, in B.C.( Vancouver Island ) for years, for my 7 PPID horses. They are great. Ask for Kathryn.

--

Lorna  in Eastern  Ontario

julieandjim321@...

Thank you Lorna he has compounded pergolide, even so its costing $300 plus to keep him going. I will always make sure he has it even tho its so expensive,

Bonnie

Julie, where are you getting your compounded pergolide? How many days' worth are you getting for your $300? Thanks!
--
Bonnie and Lad
North Ontario