Topics

Bokay Arabians - question about custom mix

Edited

Hi, Kathie – Maggie asked me to have a look at your mineral mix label. Good catch! Although the copper, zinc, and selenium are what was on your list, the other stuff doesn’t make a lot of sense. I can only assume there has been a mistake, either in the formulation, or the label. Please, could you email Scott Cieslar directly, and ask? You should have all the information in the emails he has sent to you with the invoice and so on. The label is pictured here: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/photo/79799/0?p=Name,,,20,1,0,0

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/229020

Libby, Hay Balancing 2018, 20 lbs of hay

Elemental Amounts

Protein…………400 grams

Lysine……………15 grams

Methionine……….7 grams

Biotin…………….20 milligrams

Calcium………… 5 grams

Magnesium………10 grams

Sodium.............. 10 grams

Copper.............. 480 milligrams

Zinc..................1420 milligrams

Iodine................4.7 milligrams

Selenium...........   2 milligrams

--
Jaini Clougher (BSc, BVSc)
Merlin (over the bridge), Maggie, Gypsy, Ranger

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jaini%20and%20Merlin-Maggie-Gypsy .
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=34193.

bokayarabians@...

I emailed Scott and he said that the label was a form label not the custom one and that all the stuff you requested was in there it was just not on the label! The label says Dorval custom, so I'm no sure why everything in the supplements was not listed on the label.  I also wanted to know if the Tim balance cubes were in BC and where to get them. Would it be ok to use Hoffmans crunch cubes as a treat, only about 4-6 per day. Target's CH is coming.
--
Kathie with Libby and Sweet P
Cobble Hill, BC, Canada

kguest@...

RE Timothy Balance cubes in BC: Dares Country Feeds in Aldergrove if you're south; you can also order skids from Feed Store to Your Door in Edmonton (if you're more north).
--

Kristen and Jasper, Prince George BC
December 2016

Yes, you can get Timothy Balance cubes in BC, I think through Otter co-op. Absolutely no to Hoffman's crunch cubes.  Use either ProFibre Crunch or the Timothy Balance cubes for treats, or go here for more ideas:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/files/Treats%20for%20Horses   Also, one of my horses works extremely well for handfuls of hay for clicker training. I just keep the hay on the ground, or one can put the hay in an over-the-shoulder bag, like Lumos the Golden Brumby's owner does:  https://www.facebook.com/Lumosthegoldenbrumby/  It seems like the actual giving of the treat is more important than the treat itself (within reason!)
--
Jaini Clougher (BSc, BVSc)
Merlin (over the bridge), Maggie, Gypsy, Ranger
ECIR mod/support, BC 09
DDT+E = effective treatment for PPID and EMS/IR equines: https://bit.ly/2J4ZgYT

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jaini%20and%20Merlin-Maggie-Gypsy .
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=34193.

Maggie

Target's CH (and blood work)  is now available for viewing in Kathie's CH folder here:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kathie%20with%20LIbby%20and%20Sweet%20P%20and%20Target
--
Maggie, Chancey and Spiral in VA
March 2011

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

With his glucose also in the diabetic range now I would do metformin and glyburide for him too.

www.drkellon.com  Tis The Season 2 for 1 Sale
EC Owner 2001