Topics

Canadian members

Sherry Morse

Bonnie

Does BI follow horses which test positive to see whether their product and recommendations are effective long term?

--
Bonnie and Lad
North Ontario

My vet gets discount coupons for horses in her care that are on Prascend.  Usually late fall, I think.

--
Gail Russell 8/30/2008

 https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Gail%20and%20Brother%20-%20Odin%20-%20Decaffe%20%20-Gunthar .

Tanna

Bonnie, this would be my question as well.

I submitted an application this morning as I am totally tapped out financially and would love to have another test on their dime.

There is place in the online form to provide medical and treatment history but the acknowledgment at completion indicates eligibility will be determined by BI and is based on symptoms and risk factors.

It seems they may be looking for new, suspect cases, and certainly they would know that testing resting ACTH during the rise is going to catch more positives than at another time of year, but hell, I tried to make a case for a horse that has tested positive as being at risk and lets see how effective your drug is!

--
Tanna

April 2019, (Yahoo Group member 2008)
Langley, BC, Canada

Tula's Case History

Bonnie

"Tapped out financially". I hear you. Thank God for Island Pharmacy's compounded product.
--
Bonnie and Lad
North Ontario