Cheapest Prascend NOW: Asking for compound

Nancy C

Edited

Here are a couple of messages that may help folks working with their vets to get and Rx for pergolide for increased dosages.

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/280385
https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/279762

Also see #legalityofpergolide for more ideas

EDITED TO ADD: Thanks Dawn for the links to the veterinary literature. Please allow this reminder for members to thank the AAEP for recognizing Dr Kellon for the Good Works for Horses award. It is gratifying to see so many supporters commenting on the FB page.
To help expand our reach, we hope you will post a message on the AAEP web page under their recognition of Dr. Kellon here: https://www.facebook.com/.../a.3479495.../10158302397522691/.
--
Nancy C in NH

Starshine Ranch

Just an FYI  --  I saw the post about Precision Pharmacy so I called them yesterday to see if they would compound liquid Pergolide for me and to check to see if it might be less pricey than Avrio.  I spoke to the pharmacist and she couldn't give me exact pricing but she did say she thought it would definitely be less than the $500 I now pay for 2 bottles, 90 ml each, compounded at 5mg/ml.  The bottles last less than 2 months which comes out to about $3500/year and I could sure use any kind of a break.  I also asked her if, in the future I needed 7 1/2 or 10 mg/ml (if their ACTH gets worse) would she compound that for me and she said yes.  I also asked if there was a big difference between the capsules of powdered Pergolide and the liquid (in oil stable at room temp) that I now use and she said she didn't see any real difference... which is good because the liquid is so much easier.  They will also make a liquid Pergolide that needs to be refrigerated and she said both are stable and as good as the powder.  I just got a refill from Avrio so it will be awhile before I order but I am looking forward to seeing what the difference in price will be.
--
Linda in Grass Valley, CA  2020  Midnight and Ostara
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Linda%20Midnight%20OStara

Deb Walker

Linda - I have switched to Mix Lab and am extremely delighted with their amazing customer service, follow-up, and a reduced price from Avrio.

Liquids and melts did NOT retain their potency for us. I was able to get the exact dosage capsule as I had been using; lower price and no shipping charge. They do have a lab in NY which is what I used, but they also have one in California.
--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History:
Photos:

Starshine Ranch

Thanks, Deb  I'm looking forward to switching.  Avrio is very nice but If I can pay less, even better.  I seem to be getting good results with the liquid.  Got both horses down below 20.  We'll see how they are still doing after the rise when I'll test again.