Chicy PPID In Foal Trim Pictures at 2 months Lavinia

Qhgirl

Hi All-
I was able to find a barefoot farrier and posted pictures after trim on 2021-11-23.  He said he did not have much foot to work with on the front feet since my regular farrier trimmed her a couple of weeks ago. He said he had to take heels down of front as they were high and creating a pressure point where the coffin bone is pushing on the sole. He had to clean up bars quite a bit. He said lowering the heel would give her some relief. Also she is shedding her frogs which he said is really good as it shows she is remodeling her feet.
I am not sure that her angle has changed much. And she is still very flat footed. He will be back in 3 weeks and then every 5 weeks after that.

Would love some feedback from Lavinia to see if we are on track. Does it look like she is having less stretch in her sole and is gaining sole depth?

-- Janet and Chicy
Chester SC
09/17/2021
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Janet%20and%20Chicy

Hi Janet,
I’m going to leave the response to Lavinia but I’m interested to know what happens when you switch to a few farrier.  Did you review the Xrays and Lavinia’s markups with him?  I find it’s so hard to find any sort of expert, from plumber to trimmer, who doesn’t find something about the previous work that doesn’t need changing.  If he was receptive, I would take that as a good sign.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo

Sherry Morse

I would suggest looking at your current post trim pictures side by side with the markups Lavinia had done for you and compare them to see if you're closer to where you need to be.

Qhgirl

Yes, Martha.  I reviewed all of that with him. My regular farrier was not on board with backing up her toes.  He was showing her and left her toes very long and heels very underrun setting her up for this founder.  So, I am happy to have found a true barefoot trimmer.  He is totally on board and has been doing this for 20 years.  I am fortunate to have found him.
--
Janet and Chicy
Chester SC
09/17/2021
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Janet%20and%20Chicy

Qhgirl

Martha,
Are you suggesting from the new pics the barefoot trimmer did not do a correct trim?
--
Janet and Chicy
Chester SC
09/17/2021
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Janet%20and%20Chicy

Not at all, Janet.  That’s not my strong suit.  I was curious about how willing a new trimmer would be to step in and follow Lavinia’s guidance because, in my mind, that willingness would be a major factor in determining his/her suitability for the job.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response
July 2012

Martha and Logo

Qhgirl

Martha,
He was happy I am in the ECIR group as he is very much aware of it.  He is completely on board.