Compounded pergolide

Suzy Berkowitz

There is a local pharmacy with a compounding pharmacist, is it not recommended to get the cp this way? Is it just that it is cheaper to use an online pharmacy, or would the pergolide not be safe at the local one? Thank you
--
Suzy in Fl 2020
Scout Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Suzy%20Scout

Sherry Morse

Hi Suzy,

You'd need to contact the local pharmacy and see if they would compound it for you and what the price would be and then compare to the other options.

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Suzy,

There are a few issues here. The local pharmacy probably doesn't do a lot of pergolide compounding since it's illegal for people. They will have to purchase the raw material pergolide from a distributor and I don't know how small an order they would be permitted to place. If the dose is 1 mg, that's 1000 doses in just one gram. You don't want to order more than 1 to 3 month's worth at a time.  If 1 gram is the minimum order (I don't know if that's the case) there would be a lot left over that you either have to pay for up front or they might keep for a future order, which makes it potency very questionable at that time.

Suzy Berkowitz

Thank you. The pharmacy is in Wellington which is horse country, so maybe there are other horses on it. I will give the pharmacist a call and ask him about the points you brought up.