Cornell’s Iron panel — useful?

Hi group,

While logging in to Cornell’s AHDC, I saw (new? or new-to-me) Iron panel offering Fe, TIBC, and % saturation.  Is this the same testing KSU offers?

My EDTA plasma samples arrived at Cornell this morn (for annual ACTH levels) and I’d love to add on this Iron panel to my order if Cornell’s tests are useful.

I quickly searched the group’s posts for Cornell’s panel but didn’t find anything in the first couple pages of past posts.

Thank you,
Kerry in NY

Sept 2014

Pinky, IR/PPID
Tofurky, IR/PPID

Nancy C

Hi Kerry

To diagnose or monitor iron overload on a tissue level you need Ferritin, as well as the Fe, TIBC, and % saturation

https://www.ksvdl.org/laboratories/comparative-hematology/

--
Nancy C in NH