Dear Mary:

shotgunranch@...

I remember reading about Marvin...I'm so sorry..they 're such dears
aren't they???
I've had Tamera for 21 years...I don't know how I'll handle that day
when it comes... my heart is truly with you and thank you for your
advice.
Claire

Susan Laflamme <f4mlatir@...>

Hi Claire,
My horse is Darby, she's around 40 and has been on cypro for a year. I have
no idea how long she may have had cushings because she had no symptoms but
3 years ago she had laminitis and has suffered attacks on and off since then.
The cyproheptidine never seemed to do much for her. This year has been a
tough one and we've been oh so close to giving up. I was looking for a way
to have Darby's life mean something for other cushings/founder horses and
now Darby has been accepted in a clinical trial conducted by Vita Royal.
She is off the cypro and I'm weaning her off bute because she can not
participate on drugs. We are looking forward to giving it our best and
hopefully contribute something lasting for the younger cushings horses.
I am still searching for one ingredient I need to make her special hi
protien low carb diet. Then the job will be getting her to eat it!! She has
spirit! Right now I'm dosing the suppliments she is on.
Darby hasn't had shoes on since heartbars when she first foundered, they
made her miserable and we had them removed and do the strassuer trim
ourselves between farrier vists.
Good luck and keep clipping your girl so she is comfortable in the
heat.....I also keep Darby on corn oil year round.
Sue
PS check out the cushings/laminitis info at www.vitaroyal.com

At 09:52 AM 8/18/00 -0700, you wrote:
I remember reading about Marvin...I'm so sorry..they 're such dears
aren't they???
I've had Tamera for 21 years...I don't know how I'll handle that day
when it comes... my heart is truly with you and thank you for your
advice.
Claire

Equine Cushings email addresses:

Post message: EquineCushings@...