Topics

Diarrhea/vaccines-deworming

Maria Duran

Hi!

Yayo was vaccinated and dewormed by the riding school on monday, by wednesday he was showing symptoms of colic and yesterday he had cow manure and liquid gases, sometimes only liquid. He is by now eating well.

I would like to know if this can be a possible reaction of vaccination and deworming even two days after or not and would it resolve by itself of do I better help him him something like glutamine, psyllium or any other?

I would like to know what to do just in case he is not better tomorrow when I visit him again.  Is it necessary to limit his hay intake?

Thanks a lot.
--
María Durán Navarro
Dec 2017

Plutón´s Case History
Plutón´s Photo Album
_._,_._,_

gypsylassie

I'm not sure about the vaccine causing this, maybe the wormer.   If it's worse and looks like colic, the instructions on my psyllium say to Not give it if a horse is colicing.   Sorry I'm not much help.  Hope he's better tomorrow.
Laura K Chappie & Beau over the bridge
2011 N IL

Maria Duran

Thank you Laura, his colic symptoms had disappear yesterday but he had diarrhea although he was eagerly eating.

I used psyllium for a deer with liquid manure with great success (vet recommendation) but anyway would like to know if his diarrhea is related to the deworming-vaccination or not and what to exactly do tomorrow he is not better both with his diet and with supplements that might help.

He is eating hay and 2.5 kg of a low S/S concentrate plus his minerals, lisine, methionine, salt, jiaogulan, vit E and flaxseed.

Thanks for your help.

--
María Durán Navarro
Dec 2017

Plutón´s Case History
Plutón´s Photo Album
_._,_._,_

gypsylassie

I'm glad he didn't colic.   I have heard that psyllium can help with diarrhea, so it might help him, and a probiotic might also help.
Laura K Chappie & Beau over the bridge
2011 N IL

Maria Duran

Thanks Laura, fortunately he was totally fine yesterday so must have been the deworming-vaccination episode.

--
María Durán Navarro
Dec 2017

Plutón´s Case History