Topics

Dr. Kellon re Sunny - urine test strips

richard

My vet drew blood from Sunny yesterday, & today I sent the serum to Cornell to test her kidney function.  If all is OK, we will start her on Invokana soon.  Do you have any recommendations as far as the brand of urine test strips to use?  Also, how often should I check her urine?
Thanks in advance.

Sue L. & Sunny
N. Calif.

No specific brand. I would check every 2 weeks or so, or any time you see suspicious signs like frequent urination of small amounts, stretching out to urinate but not doing it, fever, dropping the penis, strong odor to the urine.

www.drkellon.com  2 for 1 course sale
EC Owner 2001