ECIR Group -- Who are we?

Nancy C

ECIR Group is not typical social media.
ECIR Group does not make stuff up.
Here's why ECIR is unlike any other internet group:

The ECIR Group Philosophy

All too often members find our Groups.io discussion group after significant, unresolved problems arise. Owners are very anxious to quickly find something that works. We understand.

All ECIR groups are based in science and medicine. The approach is called the Diagnosis, Diet, Trim and Exercise (DDT/E) Protocol. Owners, moderators and responders on the discussion group strive to deliver a clear, consistent message which you may find unfamiliar or rigid. The advice is based on achieving the best possible outcome and delivery will not deviate from that goal.

While often cutting edge in treating these conditions, everything recommended has a sound scientific and medical basis. We may discuss treatment options that have been found to work in other species including humans, but have not yet been studied in horses. We work to be clear as to solid scientific or medical evidence, versus personal theory, observation, or experience.

An additional fundamental strength of the ECIR outreach groups is discussing background and evidence in depth. It is not a personal attack if someone asks for evidence regarding information or experience that you may post. Polite inquiries of this nature are always appreciated and expected both from the ECIR Group owners and moderators, and members such as you.

If you reply to a member’s query, please keep the following in mind:

  • Speak of fact only that you KNOW to be true
  • Clearly differentiate between what you THINK is true and what you KNOW to be true
  • Realize that what you know is true is subject to future modification
  • If you don't know what you are talking about, best not to respond.

The information provided on ecirhorse.org, on the ECIR Outreach group and on the ECIR Facebook page, should be used in conjunction with your local vet and farrier or trimmer.

We’re a collaborative effort. Your detailed, documented feedback is essential and helps us all help these animals.

Sincerely,

Eleanor M. Kellon, VMD

and

- The Support Team of the ECIR Group