locked Equithrive?

Laura and Pabatsa in CA

Hi Dr. Kellon,

I'm interested in your suggestion of Uckele Hylarin-b powder. Question, would it be beneficial also in an arthritic neck--C 3-4, 5-6? Also, I've been giving Uckele Tendon EQ, can the Hylarin replace that? I don't want to over medicate.

Thanks!

--
Laura and Pabatsa in California
Feb 2012

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

I starred Vinnie on Equithrive original joint pellets 5 days ago at the loading dose and I am seeing a mobility improvement in his hind end and his LF that has all.the hoof damage and ringbone.

Full disclosure:  I have been doing a loading dose of Adequan as well but I didn't see much improvement until shot #6 which was at day 4 of being given the equithrive as well.

I am pretty excited to see how things look in 2 weeks.
--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer

Lesley Bludworth

Nancy, that is great to hear.
I have a similar experience with the main ingredient in the original joint Equithrive. Although for post laminitis pain vs joint pain.
I had looked at the Equithrive Metabolic product (just pure microencapsulated resevatrol)
but didn't like the $5 a day cost.
I looked at the different types of resevatrol avaliable for humans and bought the micronized trans-resevatrol version and that put me at about $3 a day for the 4 gm loading dose.  It was the turning point for Sophie. She went from miserable to being her normal self.
After a month I figured she had turned the corner and stopped when I ran out.
She did not revert to miserable but she lost her bightness so I feed the 4 gm again and she is her curious trouble making self again.
I know HA is helpful but I do think the reservatrol is the big deal in this supplement.
I read that Dr. Kellon
said Resevatrol raises cortisol so I only feed it in the morning. I take it too and noticed if I took it in the evening I didn't sleep well.

Lesley Bludworth
Phoenix, AZ   7/2022
Sophie TWH mare
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/SophieB%20Case%20History

TERRI JENNINGS

Lesley,
can you send the info for where you purchase the product you’re using?
TIA
--
Terri Jennings with Mr. Beefy, Finn, Elliott and Teeny (over the rainbow)
Arcata, CA

Deb Walker

Nancy and Vinnie - I am ecstatic that you are seeing the same results that I have. Another horse relieved of chronic pain is a win in my book.

I did notice above, and I think Dr. Kellon corrected it, that Nancy C. mentioned the product has glucosamine. The Original Joint Pellets do not have glucosamine...which is why when someone asks I always stress that it has to be the "Original Joint" product. When I first ordered, I realized there was a variety of products, and it was easy to get confused that a less expensive version was the same product. It's not. To help with choosing the one that several of us have seen work miracles:

Active ingredients Resveratol - 500mg (yielding 350mg)
Grape Seed Extract 250mg
Sodium Hyaluronate 50mg

Inactive
Calcium Phosphate, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Flaxseed Meal, Flaxseed Oil, Lignin Sulfonate, Natural Flavor, Vegetable Oil, Water, Yeast Culture.
Inactive ingredients

I believe all of the above are approved ingredients for a PPID or IR horse in the amounts given, as I would not have fed it without Dr. Kellon's OK.
--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History:
Photos:

Nancy C

Hi Deb.

Just to be clear, this is what I said, which is still true based on the website
I think you all know that what is being discussed is the original EquiThrive Joint to help with joint pain and maybe runny eyes. Just a reminder for new folks or anyone thinking of this product, the EquiThrive Joint Complete has Glucosamine which ECIR Group cautions to not use in EMS/IR horses.
--
Nancy C in NH
ECIR Moderator 2003

HOW TO SEARCH THE ARCHIVES: https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/wiki/1993

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

I too am using the supplement that has hyaluronic and reservatrol. "The Original Joint" pellet by Equithrive.

I am actually of the belief that this could possiblu allow us to stop nsaids. Time will tell.  This is how much of an improvement I am witnessing. Fingers crossed.
--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer

Lesley Bludworth

Terri,
I got it on Amazon. Its called

ProHealth Longevity Bulk Micronized Trans Resveratrol Powder 100 Grams.
Prohealth has their own website as well. $86 for 100gm

--
Lesley Bludworth
Phoenix, AZ   7/2022
Sophie TWH mare
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/SophieB%20Case%20History

TERRI JENNINGS

Deb Walker

Edited

Just to be clear, this is what I said, which is still true based on the website Hide quoted text

I think you all know that what is being discussed is the original EquiThrive Joint to help with joint pain and maybe runny eyes. Just a reminder for new folks or anyone thinking of this product, the EquiThrive Joint Complete has Glucosamine which ECIR Group cautions to not use in EMS/IR horses.
Thank you Nancy. Yes, that was the post I was referring to. You were looking at the wrong product on their website. As you can see from the above ingredient list for the product that I am using, there is NO glucosamine. Basically all of the other Equithrive products do have glucosamine, including Classic Joint, Complete Joint UItimate Care, Essential Joint, etc. This is why I have repeatedly said, be sure you are researching or ordering the correct item:

https://equithrive.com/products/equithrive-original-joint-pellets?variant=7423357354007

The above does also come in a powder, but the pellets appear to be very tasty, and I'd much rather work with pellets than powder, where I can visually see it's eaten completely.

I would never feed my horse a product that included glucosamine or even yucca, which is why most arthritis and joint supplements have been taboo, The only proof I can offer is the complete ingredient list both from the website and the container, and seeing through my eyes and everyone who works with Scotty the  huge change.

For those comparing costs - the maintenance dose lasts approximately 8 weeks...which comes down to $2.18/day. Since I was able to stop supplementing Move-Ease, my costs have actually lowered. I am in no way a spokesperson for Equithrive...just for the horses that have been amazingly helped by their product.

--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History:
Photos:

Nancy C

Nope. Not looking at the wrong product.  Just pointing out the difference for folks who may not be aware of the glucosamine issue.

There are 100s reading any given post at one time.