Flame’s diet

I started the L carnitine today. It’s pretty “fishy” smelling so I’m starting with small increments.

Flame is currently eating 5# of my hay (analysis is in his case history folder) twice a day & 3 pounds of RSR beet pulp per Dr. Kellon because of his high triglycerides. My order of TC balanced Timothy cubes are finally in (it’s taken a month to get them). Should I incorporate them into his diet (he was getting 4# of my hay & 4# of cubes twice a day & 1.5 pounds of RSR beet pulp). I ordered 10 bags so they should last a while but I can’t be sure of when I can get them again due to the delay in shipping. It’s never been a problem before & hopefully resolves soon & the entire city has never been out before. Please advise on Flame’s diet & thanks!!
--
Beth & Flame dx 2013 & Diana dx 2020

NV Oct 2013

Flame Case History

Flame Pictures

Diana Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Beth%20and%20Diana

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Surprisingly, most horses eat it right down with no problem so you can probably ramp up the amount quickly.

Don't decrease the BP. You can still do half and half hay and cubes.

Thanks Dr. Kellon! Tomorrow I’ll give the full L carnitine dose & go to half hay & half cubes.