Topics

from cabergoline back to CP

LJ Friedman

Jesse received his final dose of Cabergoline today. I will be going back to compounded pergolide. My thought is that tomorrow I will start apf for five days And after those five days start the compounded pergolide  20 mg. My thought is not to wait the full 10 days i usually wait between cabergoline doses  and start  the cp at day five.  My reasons are avoiding $10 a day cost of cabergoline , avoiding the one or two day veil although it is a very light veils , and thirdly he’s getting very annoyed with the injections. I know I’m supposed to wait till December but because he’s getting so annoyed I feel like this is a  very small sign I should start pronto. Always available for thoughts on this as I know many of us you want  Jesse to succeed.  thanks .

Jesse and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

LJ Friedman

jesses monthly cost on cabergoline at 2.5 ml every 10 days is $412.50 per month.   too much to spend in this covid economy.

Jesse and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

I would follow Dr. Kellon's recommendations and not make changes until December ...

--
Ellen
Pal & Savvy

LJ Friedman

Thanks for the reply. I am fed up with the injection site displeasures, as well as veil not eating for a very short time,  and $415 per month.

Jesse and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

Cindy Giovanetti

$415 a month is unbelievable.  God bless you for doing it while you could.

Cindy

--
Cindy, Oden, and Eeyore, North Texas
On ECIR protocol since 2/19

LJ Friedman

Thank you for that reply. The barn owner just told me today that in addition to being off food, he also doesn’t drink after getting his injection. So tomorrow I go back to compounded  pergolide and if the equine gods want jesse to continue to be with us ,they will have to help. Overall, I don’t think I’m doing something so  bad, to  be contraindicated. We are in a gray area and I’ve made my decision.

Jesse and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

Johnson, Cathy

One thing you have also accomplished is to pave the pathway for the rest of us.  Because you and Jody discussed Cabergoline many times on this platform I had an alternative drug ready to go when Red stopped taking his Prascend.  For him it has worked for multiple years and I hope it continues to work.  However, I am able to use a 1 ml shot every 14 days which makes it more affordable than for Jessie.
--
Cathy Johnson

Roy, WA

October 12, 2016