Good news with Bella & Destiny, & Question for Dr. Kellon please

lynnc66

Hi everyone, I have great news to report!  Both Bella and Destiny, the miniature horses, are doing very well now!

Bella improved dramatically after starting on Metformin in February, and also with a new farrier who is aligned with the trim rec's from Lavinia.  Bella is now sound, does not need boots, and on a few occasions has taken to galloping around the barn on cool evenings (OMG, this moved me to tears - I didn't know if I would ever see her run again!!)  For the past month, I've started exercising her -- very gradually -- at the walk, with a little trotting, for 20 minutes, 3x/week.

Both the vet and the farrier are happy with Bella and Destiny's weights now.  Since Feb 2020, Bella has lost 90 lbs, and Destiny has lost 80 lbs.

My QUESTION is:
1) when to re-test for ACTH and Thyroid?  (we plan to re-test Insulin/Glucose at the same time)

Please see updated Case History for Bella.  We increased her Prascend to 1 mg on 2/3/21.

I am having trouble updating Destiny's CH.  She was started back on 0.5 Prascend on 8/6/21(after stopping 1/30/21, as per previous rec from Dr. Kellon).  Destiny's current weight is 309 lbs.

We last tested for ACTH and Insulin for both of them 3/9/21.

Thank you so much.  I am very grateful to be part of this group.
--

Lynn Cox
Kern County, CA

May, 2007

Bella Case History   https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Lynn%20and%20Bella
Destiny Case History  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Lynn%20and%20Destiny  .
Photos, Bella, Destiny, Zoe, Pip

Hi Lynn,

Good job! There's no need to test for thyroid unless you have a specific reason. Since they're doing well, I would wait until February or March of next year to test ACTH and insulin.

lynnc66

Thank you Dr. Kellon

--

Lynn Cox
Kern County, CA

May, 2007

Bella Case History   https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Lynn%20and%20Bella
Destiny Case History  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Lynn%20and%20Destiny  .
Photos, Bella, Destiny, Zoe, Pip

How exciting, Lynn!  Do you need help updating your case history or is it just a matter of finding the time?  We can help with the former.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo

lynnc66

Thank you Martha.

Yes, I could use help please.  It looks like I mistakenly saved the previous Word Document as XPS Viewer, and I cannot enter anything into it.  Is there a way that I can make a Word Document from the PDF that is currently in Destiny's Case History?

And also, in the past couple days, the size of the font has changed when I view the ECIR messages.  The font is now very tiny and the only way I could read your message was with a magnifying glass.

I don't know what I may have done to cause that, and would appreciate instructions how to fix it.

Thanks very much,

--

Lynn Cox
Kern County, CA

May, 2007

Bella Case History   https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Lynn%20and%20Bella
Destiny Case History  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Lynn%20and%20Destiny  .
Photos, Bella, Destiny, Zoe, Pip

Hi Lynn,
Let me take a stab at converting your case history pdf back to a word processing document.  As a Mac person, I don’t really know what an XPS viewer is.  Can you open it?  It may be easier to work with it.  It seems odd that they’d let you save your document as something completely useless.  Could you see if you can send that to me privately?  You can’t add attachments here on the list.

I’ve run into the same problems you have with font size.  Fortunately, on my iPad or phone, I can expand the text to make it easier to read.  I don’t know how to adjust font size, either with writing a message or reading it.  There’s the option of picking several different heading sizes but only one for the message body.  Sometimes, when I post, the text size seems larger than others but I honestly don’t know how that happened.  Hopefully, someone else can bring us both up to speed.  The font on your post appears larger than mine as I type.  Not sure what will post but hopefully you can read it.

--

Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response
July 2012

Martha and Logo

Lynn, it seems that the XPS viewer version is Microsoft’s equivalent of a pdf.  Have you searched your computer for the file ending in ‘xps’ after converting the last three letters (after the period) to ‘doc’?  For instance, if you have a file labeled BellaCaseHistory.xps, try converting your search parameters to include BellaCaseHistory.doc?  I copied the pdf files but I have not tried converting them yet.  Need to find a suitable conversion app still.