Topics

Has anyone used products from Immubiome?

Laura and Pabatsa in CA

Hi Dr. Kellon/Group,

It's been suggested that I use a product from Immubiome called "Spine and Nerve" for tension. https://www.immubiome.com/pages/horse-conditions

Has anyone ever used it or know about the product this company sells? I'm not trying anything people say is right for my horses without hearing it from here first.

Thanks a lot and Happy Easter!
--
Laura and Pabatsa in California
Feb 2012

Sherry Morse

Hi Laura,

In a nutshell it's a bunch of mushrooms, probiotics and some colostrum.  I don't see anything that would help with tension or nervousness in it.  Have any of the people who suggested using it tried it and had success with it?

Even their "Focus" product has Mg in it (although not a whole lot) in addition to the mushrooms and probiotics.

Laura and Pabatsa in CA

Thanks Sherry,

I think I'll pass seems like a waste of money especially when he's already getting magnesium and probiotics in his daily ration.

--
Laura and Pabatsa in California
Feb 2012
Case History https://ecir.groups.io /g/CaseHistory/files/Laura%20a nd%20Pabatsa ( https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Laura%20and%20Pabatsa )
Pabatsa's Photos https://ecir.groups.io /g/CaseHistory/album?id=1740 ( https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=1740 )

billie hinton

I haven’t used this particular product, but it’s similar to something I am giving my senior who was dx’ed with EPM in the fall. I found a research study that recommended using bovine colostrum + mushroom extracts for immune system boost during EPM treatment. I’m not sure if the Spine and Nerve supplement is meant to target nerve cells - a number of people in and EPM group I’m in have recommended it. Not thinking it’s referring to “nervousness” in terms of behavior.

Billie in NC

Laura and Pabatsa in CA

Thanks Billie that’s very interesting! I had a Quarter Horse that had EPM. I gave him Bayer Marquis and it cured him completely.
--
Laura and Pabatsa in California
Feb 2012
Case History https://ecir.groups.io /g/CaseHistory/files/Laura%20a nd%20Pabatsa ( https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Laura%20and%20Pabatsa )
Pabatsa's Photos https://ecir.groups.io /g/CaseHistory/album?id=1740 ( https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=1740 )

billie hinton

Yes, we used Marquis for Keil Bay also, for 90 days, and then 30 days of ReBalance. But the research study I found added immune support (bovine colostrum + mushroom extracts), banamine or bute for inflammation during the initial treatment until die-off was done, and 10k ius vit E/day. Vet also recommended feeding corn oil with the Marquis for enhanced absorption.

I tapered him onto Prascend after the die-off phase ended, waited 3 weeks, and retested ACTH. It had been 177, and after Prascend it was 21.

All the rest I added for additional support: acupuncture first week onward, chiro after inflammation was resolved, rehab after die-off, gut support, monthly Legend injection purely due to his age, homeopathic treatment for EPM.

We’re in a good place right now with him again. Big 32nd birthday party this month for the Big Handsome Bay. :)

Billie in NC