Topics

Hay test results

Toni Johnson

Hi Group,
I'm looking at a late spring hay purchase and the sellers test shows the following test results. It is a Timothy mix hay.
WSC -10.1
ESC-6.4
Starch- 0.7
I have a recovered IR mare currently eating Orchard, 14 NSC hay that is twelve percent protein with Enrich as a ration balancer, salt, and Vit E. She get two pounds of Standlee alf/timothy per day as well. She had no rotation and is sound and at grass in the winter five hours a day. Two hours in summer, no spring or fall.
Thanks in advance.
--
Toni Johnson

Lorna in Ontario

Hi Toni,

On a quick glance ,I would go with this hay ,if it were me.

But , you could help us to help you so much better if you would set up a case history, and add the hay results you have in a folder there.

If you didn't save your Welcome message from Pauline last year,here is the link to it.
https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/233942

There are tons of details, and links in that message ,that willk help you help us....to help you better. :-)

Happy to hear your mare is doing well.

Thanks.

--

Lorna  in Eastern  Ontario

Hi Toni,

We really need a case history to provide you with a meaningful answer.  Based on this email that hay should be fine without being soaked for most IR/PPID horses but some of them are more sensitive than others.

Hi, Toni.

We ask for your first name, general location and the year you joined (2019).  An example would be:
Toni in Nebraska 2019
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click SAVE.
When you complete your case history, a link to that folder should also be added to your signature.

Thanks,
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator