Heaves

cymraes58

Max was just diagnosed with heaves.  This happened right after our idiot neighbor tied a large plastic bag to their two year old's halter. The horse freaked out (naturally), got away from her and ran up and down our fenceline until it almost dropped from exhaustion. Our horses were frightened and started running. I immediately got them into the barn but Max was breathing hard and it didn't improve.  Took him to the vet the following morning. He gave him a steroid injection and banamine.  He improved almost immediately.  Are there any respiratory supplements that are safe for PPID horses?
--
Sheila and Daniel & Max
Boulder, MT

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Sheila%20and%20Daniel.