Help Decipher New Bloodwork Results /New Symptoms

Hi Dr Kellon …how soon would you expect to see a result with feeding the oats post exercise ?? I fed it yesterday for the first time …so far no different…Is it too soon to make a difference??
--
Michele Goldberg
Bernville, Pa

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Yes, that's too soon. Give it 4 to 7 days.

Edited

I got some more blood results in… Her Leptin was 20… EPM negative… Vitamin E still pending

--
Michele Goldberg
Bernville, Pa

Dr Kellon…her leptin came back at 20
--
Michele Goldberg
Bernville, Pa

Sherry Morse

Given her elevated insulin and Leptin I would be feeding her as an IR horse which may mean you need to reassess the diet (last information we have is from last September:
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Schimpie%20Case%20History

As well as thinking about treating her as an early PPID horse.

Hi Sherry …for some reason I can’t access her case history file …I clicked on the link you provided and there’s nothing there …It just brings me to the case history info page ..not her specific file ?? Anyhow …I have been treating her as IR since she came down with acute laminitis back in June of 2020 ..she gets fed a variation of the emergency diet (  small amount soaked ODTBC/ Vermont Blend/Flax /Vitamin E capsules /handful Nuzu Stabul one …along with Uckeles Laminox , Phytoquench, GUT, Spirulina Insulin Wise ,and Tractguard along with tested low sugar Timothy when available and since it’s run out she’s been getting soaked Timothy orchard grass , dry lot …she’s been in light consistent work for well over a year. What would you change in regards to diet ? The only thing not being addressed is the possibility of early Cushings ..she was stim tested last April 2021 and was negative ….
--
Michele Goldberg
Bernville, Pa

Hi Michelle,
Sherry’s link takes me to the correct place to find your case history.  I went there and copied the link.  It looks like Sherry may have posted two links but they both seem to go to your file.

Here’s mine. https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Schimpie%20Case%20History
If this doesn’t work for you, I would suggest rebooting your device.
--

Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo

Edited

Hi Martha …OK it’s now letting me get to my link of my case file… I just can’t figure out how to update the info with the latest blood work and pictures… I went to the photo albums and I did manage to upload some front and side body pictures… Hopefully Dr. Collin or somebody can look at those and give some suggestion and advise
--
Michele Goldberg
Bernville, Pa