Hogan Greatly Improved on Metformin

Robin

Hogan's Insulin is down to 24.32 (baseline) in a 10-40 reference interval. This is a HUGE improvement! Just a week prior it was 73.51 and in January it exceeded 200! And his lower insulin directly correlates with his soundness improving.

I find this interesting because he was on Metformin a few years ago for a laminitic flare up, but there was no change. So, I'm quite surprised (but so thrilled) that it is working now. I thought I'd give it a shot before trying Invokana and so happy I did.

Can Hogan remain on Metformin? Has anyone experienced that it can maintain insulin levels long term (with diet to support of course)? How often should insulin levels be rechecked?

--
Robin

Aiken, SC 2022

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Robin%20and%20Hogan

ferne fedeli

I need to retest my Icelandic, Magic, soon, but his insulin came down quickly on Metformin too.  It seemed to be stabilizing, so I took him off the Metformin and the next test, his insulin went up a bit, so I put him back on it.  I grind it up and put it in his food dish with his other supplements, Stabul1 & ODTB cubes, and he eats it up just fine (I make SURE that there isn't any white showing!!!).  I can't really say it is continuing to help because I haven't retested, but plan to next month.
--

Ferne Fedeli  Magic & Jack   2007

Point Arena, Mendocino County, California
Case History