How Can I Balance the Need to Lose Weight with the Need to Graze?

Pat Gauvreau <pgauvreau@...>

Sandy
I tie my hay nets and various places in the pasture to tires so they’re eating off the ground and they can’t push it around and have it end up on the other side of the fence. I use double ended clips to tie them securely and the horses never get their mouths pinched.
--
Pat and Savannah
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Pat%20and%20Savannah
Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=22028&p=pcreated,,,50,2,0,0

Julie Thomas

LOL - you hit the nail on the head, Bonnie....it's difficult for ME to restrict them.  Now I feel like I've been killing them with "kindness" (before I found this group) and need to reverse, but it's hard.  Thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one that feels this way!  I'll bite the bullet and get couple 1" hay nets; maybe I can find a way to secure them in the PortaGrazer buckets (without the insert) so the PGs aren't a total loss.
--
- Julie Thomas
September 2018, Seabeck, WA

Kirsten Rasmussen

Julie, I was thinking those Portagrazers would work really well...WITH a hay net in them!  I'm tempted to try one too.  Go for it, and let me know how well it works!  I like Nag Bag nets, they are soft, indestructible, and come in a range of hole sizes right down to mini, which is what my guy needs to actually slow him down (he has high leptin and he just can't help himself).  Lol!

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR)
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kirsten%20and%20Shaku