How to say "thank-you". Please help.

Nancy C

To All Great ECIR Members --

"Good works” are selfless acts of giving back to the horse, for the sake of the horse and people they serve. ~ AAEP

That describes our head volunteer, Dr. Eleanor M. Kellon to a tee. Times ten. Times 1000.

Over the almost 20 years that I have known and worked with her, Dr. Kellon has continually awed me on almost a daily basis.  Her passion for the welfare of all equines, her knowledge of equine physiology,  her ability to cut through the noise, her willingness to patiently teach and to continue to learn, is a skill-set list second to none. All combine to provide support for caregivers during what is too often the very, very difficult experience of dealing with equine metabolic issues.

Animal health company, Zoetis and the AAEP are seeking nominations for deserving veterinarians to be recognized through their “Good Works for Horses” campaign.  https://aaep.org/good-works-nomination

The ECIR Group has nearly 10,000 members. I know each and every one of us can provide evidence of how the equines in our care have been helped by Dr. Kellon. Here is but a small sample:

  • I love and respect all your hard work. THANK YOU.
  • Thanks for being there and for your continued pursuit of ending this difficult condition.
  • Thank you for solid information and the willingness to share it.
  • Such a great resource. I have learned so much and appreciate the continued learning and support which allows me to better support my clients.
  • Thank you for providing support and information on probably one of the most important issues for the equines in our care.
  • The Equine Cushing's and Insulin Resistance Group has been so helpful to me and my horses, in so many ways. A thousand thanks to Dr. Kellon, and all of the dedicated volunteers!
  • I was "in the dark" when my first horse had PPID about thirty years ago.  I am not "in the dark" anymore. Now I have a highly IR mare that is thriving because of your knowledge and dedication to education. She would not be alive without you. My learning curve has been steep and it's a good feeling to not feel "out of control". Grateful every day!
  • “I knew there had to be a better way to manage this. I remembered reading an article in a magazine written by Eleanor M. Kellon, VMD. This is where I found the link to the ECIR group. Within 24 hours of joining, I received the ECIR protocol, had one-on-one help and access to the files. This is the advice that saved [my horse] and many others.”
  • [My horse] would probably not be here today if I hadn't found Dr. Kellon and the ECIR group. I was so overwhelmed and couldn't believe that this journey would ever have a happy ending. I'm very grateful for all this support. It seemed like there was way too much to learn. I worried all the time. I lost sleep over it. All that is a blur now.
Please join me in nominating Dr. Kellon today for AAEP/Zoetis “Good Works for Horses” at https://aaep.org/good-works-nomination and let both the AAEP and Zoetis know just how just much we all appreciate her. Nominations are open through August, but don’t wait!

Please note: Dr Kellon’s email is drkellon “at” gmail “dot” com. You can submit your nomination without a phone number. In the comments, I told them to contact me if/when a number was needed.

And if you would, please let us know you have voted by hitting “like” for this post on the ECIR groups.io webpage.

Many, many thanks to each of you.
--
Nancy C in NH

bkennalley

dont know how to like. but I voted!!!

Beth

On Jun 24, 2022, at 8:40 AM, Nancy C <threecatfarm@...> wrote:

[...]

ferne fedeli

Done!

On Fri, Jun 24, 2022, 8:40 AM Nancy C <threecatfarm@...> wrote:
[...]

Ferne Fedeli  Magic & Jack   2007

Point Arena, Mendocino County, California
Case History

Noelle

Well I DID nominate Dr Kellon but I couldn't see or figure out how to LIKE the post.  Sorry
Shelah Summers (FB - Shelly Ross)

On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 9:40 AM Nancy C <threecatfarm@...> wrote:
[...]

Shelah
"When you can look in the mirror and see perfection ~ then you can criticize others"

--
Shelah Summers
Utah

jlmccarroll

Hi Nancy

I, too, nominated.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Jeannette McCarroll

NorCal 2021

[...]

Sent from Finest Planet WebMail.

--
Jeannette Mc, NoCA 2021

Sherry Morse

For those of you wondering how to 'Like' Nancy's message you'll need to go to the message on the website: https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/279310 and scroll to the bottom where you'll see a box that says "Reply....Like....More" - click on the thumbs up icon next to "Like" and that will add your 'thumbs up' to the list.

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention Nancy - I just added my vote!

Starshine Ranch

Nancy, that's a no-brainer and I wholeheartedly agree.  I will send in something right away!  Linda

On 6/24/2022 8:40 AM, Nancy C via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Linda in Grass Valley, CA  2020  Midnight and Ostara
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Linda%20Midnight%20OStara

Nicole Sicely

Hi Nancy - Has anyone reported any issues submitting theirs? I tried but when I hit submit it just keeps timing out.  I did need to enter a phone number so I just put mine in and made a note of it in the comments.  I've tried different web browers etc with no luck.  Maybe I'll just try again in a few hours.
Thanks,
Nicole

On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 11:40 AM Nancy C <threecatfarm@...> wrote:
[...]

Custom Equine Nutrition, LLC
802.644.5585

"Custom Equine Nutrition's goal is to help you achieve peace of mind knowing your horse's diet is optimal, and that you are spending your feed dollars wisely."

Leigh Jacobs

Nancy,
This old fart can’t figure it out, but let it be known, I voted and the copied and sent to my horse friends via fb.  I hope she gets it.  Too long conventional vets dismissed her Thinking.

Sent from Leigh’s Iphone 13

[...]

Hi Nicole,

Maybe we broke the website?  Did you click the 'verification' link?  That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head but it could be an issue on the website as well.

Nancy C

If even a couple hundred of you decided to go at the same time, you may have overwhelmed their server.

I would wait a bit, refresh your browser or close it down and try again.
--
Nancy C in NH

Amy

Absolutely deserved.  I have submitted my nomination.
--
- Amy 10-2016

Mooresville, Indiana

Stormy, Case History, Photo Album

chemelle

Was honored to do this! We would all be lost without her and this wonderful group of volunteers!
--
Nancy and Akira
3/20/2018  Burkesville KY

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Nancy%20and%20Akira

JennB

Nomination completed, cannot think of a more deserving person.

Thank you Dr. Kellon and your amazing team of volunteers!
--
Jennifer, Gatineau, Quebec
Joined 2017

Elena Hernan

My pleasure to Say Thanks!  It seems like such a small Thing to do , honestly!!  I wish I could do more for all involved ❤️
--
Elena M. Baroni
Sonoma County,  California

riverrat2@ymail.com

done

On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 8:40 AM Nancy C <threecatfarm@...> wrote:
[...]

rhohil

Edited

It was such a pleasure and honour to nominate Dr Kellon for this award.
Nobody deserves it more--
Rhonda in Sask 2021

Claudia Gomez

On Friday, June 24, 2022, 8:40 AM, Nancy C <threecatfarm@...> wrote:

[...]

Thank you everyone. Honestly, I feel like this is my duty. This group's founder, Robin, dragged me in after the Horse Journal article on Vitex way back when but I've been hooked since then. This is what veterinarians are supposed to do.