Topics

Insulin 200

Kelly Gilmartin

Hi-
our repeat insulin value came back at 200 after starting metformin. I have convinced my vet to try Invokana. Given that the metformin doesn’t appear to be working, I am planning on discontinuing the metformin. Would you guys do that? I am nearing the exhaustion of all my options, I feel .
--
Kelly Gilmartin/Buddy
Western Massachusetts

Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/photosearch?q=Apostrophe

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Kelly,

Ask your vet to drop  me an e-mail and I will send a file on Invokana use, pre-screening, monitoring, precautions, etc.

LJ Friedman

If the test was recent, remember you can call in and have them give you the exact number. I know for a future I would like that exact number not just an over 200 reading

Jesse and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

LJ Friedman

If you look at my case history , Jesse has been on Invokana for one year and a few months. Zero side effects.  for an approximate cost of two dollars a pill each day I find it the best thing.ever.  I worry a lot less knowing his insulin is nicely controlled