Interpreting IR Calculator Results

Debby Sharbaugh

Hi All, I recently had my mare (previously professionally diagnosed as both EMS and IR) retested for insulin, glucose and ACTH. All for the first time in a totally relaxed, non-stressed, non-fasted at home situation.

ACTH very low (second time for this), so I am very happy and suspect she was initially misdiagnosed and spent a couple of years on unnecessary pergolide.

However, the IR calculator doesn't have the interpretation comments it used to have.  Could I please get some feedback on what these results indicate?

Input  Insulin: 8 ulU/mL Glucose:4.8  mmol/L
Calculator results:
G/I Ratio: 10.80
RISQI Calculation: 0.35
MIRG Calculation: 4.8

Thanks!
--

-Debby

November 2017, Muckleford South, Victoria, Australia

Chicory Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Debby%20and%20Chicory

Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=10826

Sherry Morse

Hi Debby,

All the information you need to interpret the test results can be found here: https://www.ecirhorse.org/DDT+E-diagnosis.php but in a nutshell it looks like her IR is well controlled so keep up what you're doing.

Debby Sharbaugh

Thanks!
--

-Debby

November 2017, Muckleford South, Victoria, Australia

Chicory Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Debby%20and%20Chicory

Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=10826

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Debby,