Invokana vs Steglatro

What are the differences between Invokana & Steglatro? I understand that they are they work similarly but why are some horses on one & others on the other? Are both as easily available? From searching the massages it looks as if Steglatro might be less expensive?

Also, I can not get Flame’s triglycerides down, even with multiple diet changes. Is there anything else I can do? What are the risks & what happens when his triglycerides are high? Triglyceride results: 4/4/22 (prior to starting Invokana) 83, 5/9/22 555, did diet changes & 6/13/22 449 & 7/19/22 447. Thanks is advance.
--
Beth & Flame dx 2013 & Diana dx 2020

NV Oct 2013

Flame Case History

Flame Pictures

Diana Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Beth%20and%20Diana

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Hey Beth, I can't answer these questions for you, but I did want tomlet you know that you are not alone on the tryglicerides.

I keep trying different things with Vinnie and got a decent drop from 481 to 300ish by adding the lcarnitine and the pea protein isolate.  I will say also that I finally got him to eat about 3.5lb of dry weight beet pulp too, so I think that is helping, and I mix that with a little higher calorie mixer of triple crown sr.  We too are still trying to manage the delicate balance of insulin vs tryglicerides .

Fingers crossed for both of us that we find that magical balance :)

--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer

jenbegg@...

Hi Beth,
Cant speak for other countries but in Australia our only option is Steglatro
--
Jenny B in VIC joined 2022
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jenny%20and%20Wally

Thank you for the replies. Nancy, what does the pea protein isolate do? Where do you get it and how much do you feed? Even with the l-carnitine I have not been able to get much of a change in Flames triglyceride numbers. Does anyone know when Dr. Kellon will be “back”? I’m definitely still interested in hearing and understanding about what happens internally with triglyceride levels that high.
--
Beth & Flame dx 2013 & Diana dx 2020

NV Oct 2013

Flame Case History

Flame Pictures

Diana Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Beth%20and%20Diana

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Hi Beth

I get my pea protein here, based on a recommendation from Dr K.   BulkSupplements.com Pea Protein Isolate - Pea Protein Powder - Vegan Protein Powder - Plant Protein Powder - Unflavored Protein Powder - Plant Based Protein Supplement (1 Kilogram - 2.2 lbs) https://a.co/d/9gLp1w0

Also here are a couple articles from Dr K in case you missed them:

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/topic/92424610#280689

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/278423?p=%2C%2C%2C20%2C0%2C0%2C0%3A%3ACreated%2C%2CPea+protein%2C20%2C2%2C0%2C91629078

I will be doing labs again this week, so will post when I have the results.

--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer