Jiaogulan presentation by Dr. Kellon 2007-11-28 NOW: website vs software

Nancy C

Hi Jocelyn

Yes, you've indicated your frustration before so we are aware.

Where these messages originate from is not a website.  It is a software program written specifically for discussion groups like ECIR by the man who originated what is now Yahoo.

Like any software program -- Microsoft Office or MacIntosh programs or Photoshop for example -- it requires learning the program.

Lots of helpful information is available in the Wiki. You need to be on the groups.io web page and logged in to access this.  https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/wiki

These links specifically show you a bit f a road map.

Getting Around the ECIR

General Layout:

I recommend bookmarking the pages you use most often.

As with learning anything new, a few minutes a day exploring will help a lot.
--
Nancy C in NH

Ed Allen

Thank you very much to all of those who are trying to help me navigate ECIR.

I will have my husband look at everyone's  suggestions and then hopefully, teach me.  I find people who know how to find things easily on a computer rarely know how to teach someone who doesn't.  They simply take too much for granted, like the guy from Yahoo.  Obviously I don't even know the correct terminology.  I wish I was younger, for a lot of reasons, but right now, so computers and sites like ECIR would be easier to navigate.

I do wildlife photography and use Lightroom.  Fortunately, I found a very knowledgeable woman in California who does underwater photography and also has videos to teach Lightroom so that everyone can use the site with ease, even those who are technically challenged.  Too many times those seeking help with their horses say they are  having difficulty navigating the ECIR site.   From where I sit, the guy from Yahoo could learn a lot from my California woman.

The information I have been able to find  because I stumbled on it or directed with care by ECIR members has been extremely helpful.  Thank you again to everyone willing to help those of us who struggle not only trying to make our beloved animals sound again, but also trying to help us find the answers on ECIR.  And a special thank you to Nancy? I'm sorry I'm afraid if I go back and look up your name I will lose everything I just typed.  Once you directed me to Dr. K's presentation, I found so many other useful posts. (correct word?)  And thank you too, Ontario...A!🙃

Jocelyn

--
Jocelyn Allen

Bozeman, Montana

July 17, 2022

Nancy C

Edited

Good morning Jocelyn.

Thanks for the opportunity to offer more suggestions for navigating ECIR on groups.io software program and on the ecirhorse website. I'll be sure to pass on your suggestions to Mark Fletcher ("the Yahoo guy"). Or you could join the beta group to offer your suggestions. https://beta.groups.io/g/main

The good news is that over 20 years many, many, (many!) members who thought they were computer illiterate have been able to learn the software and negotiate the info in the site. I chuckle to think where we were in 1999.

Here are a few more tips I hope you and Ed will save:

Please make sure you keep your original welcome message handy.  It is admittedly a long document that may initially give a brain cramp during the stress of laminitis, but it is designed with tons of references to help you navigate implementation of DDT+E, written to become a reference guide as each member goes forward in their journey. We hope you will save it.

Again, Jocelyn, we recommend you bookmark the link to your welcome message. Once you have done so it will come up on your screen more easily. Here it is....  https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/topic/92450639#280297

Also bookmark the searchable Wiki for instructions on where to go within the ECIR discussion group  when you need to do....something... on ECIR groups.io https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/wiki

A good place to go -- and also bookmark -- is the actual ECIR Group Inc. information website which has the documents I recommended to you, as well as informational films that also help guide you in your journey.  www.ecirhorse.org

For those interested, one can search the entire ecirhorse.org site using google.  https://www.lifewire.com/google-search-one-website-1616499

In your google search widow, simply add “site:ecirhorse.com” after your search term, and you'll get all the instances of that term on that particular site. Results from the rest of the web will be filtered out.

So, let's say you want to search ecirhorse for "trim". This is what you would put in the google search window:
trim site:ecirhorse.com

Here are your results:

Over the years, the ECIR Group volunteers have developed lots of options for folks who don't like groups.io.

Good luck to you and to Ed.
--
Nancy C in NH

Ed Allen

Nancy,

Thank you for all the additional information.  It is way above my pay grade, however, I'm certain Ed can navigate the info...at least I hope he can.

No need to chuckle about 1999.  All of those responsible for the ECIR group were, and still are, in the perfect place....a place to provide help, patience and much needed guidance to those desperately seeking relief for the animals we love. The gift  ECIR have given and continues to give, one of love, compassion and gentle guidance, sits on the heels of the greatest gift of all... to be loved and love in return,

As for Mark, well....he's a man.  Most men can't figure out what a woman needs or wants.  Research shows women  just want a man who will take the time to listen to our problem(s). And then give us a hug.  Studies also show a man's brain is geared to immediately begin mentally "fixing" the problem we present while tuning us out while we are still trying to explain the "problem."  And are usually crying during our explanation.  Men just need to sit and listen...like the damn computer program is too friggin complicated.  And then fix that problem.  At this point in time, that would be better than a hug.  But if Mark is with you when you explain the problem(s) and wants to give you a hug too, let  him.  That will be good training for his next encounter with a female, no matter what age she is. 💐

Bookmarks are my best friend.  When I put them in the correct folder. 🙃

Jocelyn

If anyone is interested, I would be happy to share some of my wildlife photos.  I'm at that time in my life where I am trying, with some success, to start crossing off items on my bucket list.

--
Jocelyn Allen

Bozeman, Montana

July 17, 2022