Khan pulses with heat since Friday evening

Jessica Gunderson

Hello,

Khan has been experiencing pulses, heat and laying down more since Friday. She is on hay only at this point, I have added the hay analysis to my case file. It’s at about 9% ESC+starch so I have not been soaking. That’s all she is getting since Friday. Should I start soaking again? Is there anything else I can do to address the heat and pulses which are in all 4 feet this time, not just the front. Terrified more damage is being done.

Thank you,
--
Jessica and Khan
N.D., 2021

Trisha DePietro

Edited

Hi Jessica. I'm sorry Khan is not feeling great.
If she were my horse, I would definitely soak the hay. And put her on the emergency
scroll down to end of link for diet info

diet   https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/files/1%20Start%20Here/2.%20Emergency%20Diet.pdf

 Repeat her ACTH, Insulin and glucose levels. Or, with your vets input, increase her dose of pergolide by 1/2 to a full tablet.
Repeat her xrays. include back feet.
What is her current support of her feet? Is she shod or barefoot?
If she's barefoot- and on stall rest- a well fitting boot with supportive pads would help.
Deeply bed her stall.
What is her body temperature? Does she have a fever?
Is she eating, drinking, pooping, peeing normally?
--
Trisha DePietro
Aug 2018

Trisha DePietro

Hi again Jessica- I see Dr. Kellon weighed in on your first post which I did not see until now. Please review that information too. Trisha
--
Trisha DePietro
Aug 2018
NH
Dolly and Hope's Case Histories
Dolly's Photos
Hope's Photos
Primary Responder

Jessica Gunderson

Thank you, I was not sure if I should make a new thread or ask my new questions on the same thread .
--
Jessica and Khan
N.D., 2021
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jessica%20and%20Khan
CaseHistory@ECIR.groups.io | AlbumCaseHistory@ECIR.groups.io | Album

Trisha DePietro

That's ok...we do like it all to be on the same thread- so we can follow along....If you change the topic, ie hives, choke, etc then a new thread would be fine.....:)  (Because your new questions are all falling under the same topic)