L- carnitine

Happy 4th of July & thank you Dr. Kellon & all the moderators for all you do for us!

Quick question- is Acetyl L carnitine HCL the same as L carnitine? I’m looking at the Uckele product vs the PureBulk Inc product. Thanks!

--
Beth & Flame dx 2013 & Diana dx 2020

NV Oct 2013

Flame Case History

Flame Pictures

Diana Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Beth%20and%20Diana

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

They are interconverted in the body but giving ALCar raises ALCar levels more than L-carnitine, and vice versa. For the purpose of improving metabolism of fats in a horse on Invokana, l-carnitine is preferred but either should help.

Thank you Dr. Kellon. I will order from PureBulk Inc