Lab performing potency testing and stability testing, was Re: Caution shipping Compounded Pergolide - Avrio

Hi, Kirsten.
ARL Bio Pharma is the laboratory suggested to me. https://www.arlok.com/laboratory-services There are probably others. If you check under resources, ARL Bio Pharma provides services to Canadian compounding pharmacies. https://www.arlok.com/resources/Canadian-pharmacies

Potency testing is here: https://www.arlok.com/laboratory-services/analytical-testing
It is a snapshot of the concentration of the active ingredient at one point in time. I requested a quote for my capsules.

Stability testing is the examination of changes during the period of storage and use:
"A stability study measures the extent to which a product retains, within specified limits, and throughout its period of storage and use, the same properties and characteristics that it possessed at the time of compounding."
Stability testing sounds more involved and more expensive.

Lots of information on the website, including articles and education.
https://www.arlok.com/news/stability-versus-potency-testing
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator