LaminaSaver

Kim Rice

Hi,
Does anyone know anything about LaminaSaver, active ingredient:  Restaurex by Figuerola?

A friend at the barn mentioned it to me.

Thoughts or knowledge appreciated.

Thank you
--
Kim R, Lafayette, CA  2019
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kim%20and%20Shomee

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Edited

I've used it extensively in the past but you have to double the recommended dose to get good effects which makes it very expensive. The primary active ingredient I believe is Jiaogulan, which can be used by itself for a tiny fraction of the price, or get wider spectrum support with LaminOX https://uckele.com/laminox-3lbs.html for less than half the price ($6.18 vs $2.30) - not factoring in the 5% ECIR discount.

Lesley Bludworth

Dr Kellon,
Regarding laminasaver. I cannot imagine there is j herb in it.
It is white powder that tases like whey protein.
--
Lesley Bludworth
Phoenix, AZ

Sherry Morse

Lesley the ingredients are 'a proprietary blend' which is usually code for 'different herbs which may or may not be helpful in the quantities in the product'.

Lesley Bludworth

Right, yes, I was just acknowledging Dr. Kellon said she thought the active ingredient in LaminaSaver was j herb but that is not what it smells or takes like, more like colostrum.

From: Lesley Bludworth
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 17:53:36 PDT

Yes, she started devils claw last week but I didn't know the Uckele version wasn't good for her.

Thank you,
Lorin
NH

--
Lorin in NH and SC. Joined September 2016

Lesley Bludworth

For an IR/EMS horse due to the yucca schidigera.  It must be high in carbs...
--
Lesley Bludworth
Phoenix, AZ
Sophie Case History 7/2022
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/SophieB%20Case%20History

Sherry Morse

Do a search of the files for Yucca for more information. To get you started:

Also: https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/192585 (note this is going back to 2015 - this is not a new recommendation)
https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/279214 more recent message from Dr. Kellon

Lesley Bludworth

Thank you Sherry.
Very helpful.  Might need to find
another form of DC than the Phyto quench which is lower in DC amount and hard to get in her.
Do you have a recommendation?

Do a search of the files for Yucca for more information. To get you started:

Also: https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/192585 (note this is going back to 2015 - this is not a new recommendation)
https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/279214 more recent message from Dr. Kellon

--
Lesley Bludworth
Phoenix, AZ
Sophie Case History 7/2022
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/SophieB%20Case%20History

Sherry Morse

Lavinia Fiscaletti

I believe Uckele also makes the DC without the yucca but you need to request it specifically.
Nappi, George and Dante Over the Bridge
Jan 05, RI
Moderator ECIR

Lesley Bludworth