Maggie chest swelling

Bobbie Day

Edited

Hello all
Mag’s has some swelling in her pec area that I’m a little concerned about, I’ve never noticed this ever happening before. Could it possibly be a side effect of the Prascend?
I am going to call the vet tomorrow, should I back off and see if it goes down? She’s up to 3/4 tablet.
Dr. K can you give me your opinion?

Edited, this link doesn’t appear to work I’ll get it updated but the photos are in our album.
And, the swelling is almost gone tonight but I would still appreciate input.
Bobbie and Maggie 2022-01-20 chest 3jpeg
--

Bobbie and Maggie
Desi (over the rainbow bridge 7/21)

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Bobbie%20and%20Maggie/Maggie%20and%20Bobbie%202021.pdf

Hi Bobbie,

If it's already resolving I'd think something along the lines of a bite (check for tick goo) and less of a reaction to something.

Bobbie Day

Thanks Sherri I’m just wondering now if she was leaning into her panels, hopefully it will stay down.

--

Bobbie and Maggie
Desi (over the rainbow bridge 7/21)
Utah, Nov 2018
NRC Plus 2020, NAT, C&IR March 2021
ECIR Group Primary Response

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Bobbie%20and%20Maggie

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

how does her ventral line look and lymph nodes under her chin and jaw?

Does she have a temp?

Thanks, Nan

--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer

It's not from the Prascend. As long as it's going away just keep an eye on it.

Bobbie Day

Thanks you
All other areas are good, she’s not left the property for probably three years (at least) so the only horses she’s been around is ours and everyone has their own corals, or been around others so I’m certain she couldn’t have contracted anything from another horse.
My big horse did this a couple years ago and it turned out to be a hematoma, I think his breast collar caused it but she hasn’t been ridden for awhile. I do worry about cancer because she’s a gray but this doesn’t look like that and it was sudden. I’m going to watch it if it happens again I will certainly have the vet out.

--
Bobbie and Maggie
Desi (over the rainbow bridge 7/21)
Utah, Nov 2018
NRC Plus 2020, NAT, C&IR March 2021
ECIR Group Primary Response

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Bobbie%20and%20Maggie

Bobbie,

Pigeon fever could be transmitted by flies so you don't need direct contact. The flies can travel long distances and they don't even have to pick up the organism from a horse https://digitalcommons.usu.edu/advs_facpub/1464/ .

Bobbie Day

Thanks Dr.K
I will have the vet out to check.