New blood results for Riosa, feedback please

hdavis

Hello,

I had new tests done for Rio and the results are below.  I would appreciate any comments on this as the calculator I still find a bit confusing.

Glucose - 5.0 mmol/L
Insulin - 166 pmol/L
Triglycerides - .8 mmol/L

Vitamin E - 12 umol/L. Ref range 4.6-23

Riosa is on 300mgs of Invokana and free choice hay.

Thanks in advance.

--
Heather
August 5, 2017, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada

Riosa

Storm

Case History

Sherry Morse

Hi Heather,

I'm not sure how the Triglycerides compare to our usual measurements (did you get a reference range with those?  I can tell you that the Google says it's equivalent to 70.859mg/dL but that's it) but I'd be very happy with the glucose and insulin numbers (to convert pmol/L to our usual uIU/ml you divide by 6 so that would be a 27.66 reading for insulin and glucose we want to see about 5.6mmol/L).  If you need a refresher on the conversions that's here: DDT +E – Diagnosis | ECIR Group, Inc. (ecirhorse.org)

Just as important as the numbers - how is Riosa feeling these days???

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Her numbers look acceptable, Heather. How is she doing? Still on estradiol?

hdavis

Hello Sherry,

thanks for the refresher. For some reason I had the insulin conversion number as 7.1, not sure where I got that from?  Anyways I thought the insulin and glucose looked good too. Sadly I don’t have a ref range from guelph for the triglycerides and just compared it to her past tests and they dropped a bit so thought that was good?

--
Heather
August 5, 2017, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada

Riosa

Storm

Case History

hdavis

Thanks Dr. Kellon as nice to hear you think her numbers are acceptable as well.  She has not been on Estradiol since she had her winter laminitis issue back in Feb 2020. She was only on it for a very brief period.

She is doing ok but has some other issues going on outside of her EMS but I was happy to see that her results were lower as means we are not dealing with an EMS flare up on top of everything.

So thankful for this you Dr Kellong, this group and Invokana as without we would not be where we are today!

On Wed, Jul 6, 2022 at 09:51 AM, Eleanor Kellon, VMD wrote:

Her numbers look acceptable, Heather. How is she doing? Still on estradiol?

 On Wed, Jul 6, 2022 at 09:51 AM, Eleanor Kellon, VMD wrote:
Her numbers look acceptable, Heather. How is she doing? Still on estradiol?

 Thanks Dr. Kellon, that is a relief that you think her numbers look