New Body and Hoof Photos Added and Case History Updated

harmonypap@...

I am guessing that since I did not receive any comments on the hoof and body photos that I added to my photo album, that they were fine...?  Not sure how this works or if I did it correctly.
--
Karen M and Montana Rose in TX 2021

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Karen%20and%20Montana

Hi Karen,

With the volume of email we have on the group if you're looking for specific insight into a current trim or change in a case history it's best to ask in the subject of the email.

If you’d like a review of the trim, start a new thread with a title like Request for hoof mark-ups. Lavinia will then know you’re looking for comments on the trim. Moderators don’t review new photos as a general rule. We look for messages on this forum. That way all members can learn with you.

One suggestion. Many of us non-hoof professionals can see the hoof more clearly if we trim the coronary band. I am always fooled by the length of my own horse’s toes when I see what the camera sees at ground level with the coronet fully visible.
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator

Cindy Q

Hi Karen

I have given a headsup to Lavinia that you uploaded hoof pictures and were looking for trim input. I did not realise you had updated as was checking back the original thread for awhile.

In the meantime, you might want to study these 2 articles from Pete Ramey and practice getting a measurement of the depths of your horse's collateral grooves:
https://hoofrehab.com/HorsesSole.html
https://hoofrehab.com/HeelHeight.html

Where the sole flattens near the toe usually indicates a thinner than ideal sole. You will read more about both in the 2 articles.

Beautiful mare and happy she's feeling better.
--
Cindy and Glow (over the rainbow bridge) - Sep 2017, Singapore
ECIR Primary Response

Cindy Q

Edited

Hi Karen

I would add that you have limited views for your hoof pictures with the 2 left feet laterals still very fuzzy. You likely need a full set of pictures in order to provide meaningful data for markups or more feedback! A tip is not to have the camera too close to the foot either as there can be distortion near the edge of the view and you are more likely to have better focus. Having the camera a little distance back especially for lateral views also allows part of the cannon bone to show (it should be vertical).

More information on hoof photos here: https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/wiki/1472