New Hay -Invokana Horse Vinnie

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Hi Dr Kellon,
Attached is the two new hay tests https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Nancy%20and%20Vinnie/Hay%20Analysis/EQ152979-1.pdf

My old hay was 9.9 esc +starch, considering Vinnie's challenges with tryglicerides would it be ok to use orchard L as the free feed hay while on canagliflozin, and supplement something else in the diet to make up for difference in esc+starch from the old hay?

Current diet is:
10lb - 15lb hay free fed
5lb alfalfa
12cups dry weight beet pulp
10 cups tc sr
6cups timothy pellets
4 cups stabul 1
2lb tc balanced cubes

Thanks Nan
--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer

Considering everything else he is getting, I doubt it makes a difference. Do you know how much of all these things he actually eats?

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

He is eating all his BP mix with the TC sr, he eats all his alf, finishes at least 2 hay bags a day with 5-7lb of hay a piece. And he eats all the timothy pellets, but he leaves some of the stabul 1 and timothy cubes.  His weight is stable, still a bcs of 5 . I can see and feel ribs.
--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer