Topics

New hay sample, bumping up for people's thoughts please? :)

jonno17@...

Just bumping this up for people's thoughts on this hay please? Thank you :)
--
Clarissa
November 2018-Red, Poppet

Clarissa,
Which hay sample are you wanting opinions on? I see three documents from Feb 7. Do you want opinions about all of them?
It would really be helpful if you created a subfolder within your Case History folder for "Hay Tests". Creating folders for specific types of documents is a helpful type of organization. If you do this you ca then add the link to "Hay Tests" to you signature. Having better organization of your documents makes it easier for other members to locate the files you would like reviewed.

Which hay do you actually feed? Have you bought all of these or do you just want opinions of one of them?

--
Bonnie Snodgrass 07-2016

ECIR Group Primary Response

White Cloud, Michigan, USA

Mouse Case History, Photo Album

Sherry Morse

Hi Bonnie,

jonno17@...

Sorry, I'm not sure what happened to my original post, all of the information was meant to be in my updated post but Sherry is correct about which hay I would like some input on, thank you Sherry :) I will create specific folders for them, thank you :)
--
Clarissa
November 2018-Red, Poppet
Tasmania, Australia
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Clarissa%20and%20Red_Poppet

Nancy C

Hi Clarissa

I feel for you trying to get a crop in the barn under the conditions you have had. Your 2020 hay appears to be low enough in ESC and Starch to be okay. Your manganese is higher than teh iron so balancing will need to take that into consideration.  Calories are okay overall but it appears to be low in protein so you will  want to address that.

CAVEAT:  I have not worked with Aussie hays so comments beyond this will need someone more experienced than I.

HTH.  Didn't want to leave you hanging.
--
Nancy C in NH
Join us at the 2020 NO Laminitis! Conference, October 22 - 25, Harrisburg, PA

I am one who did not respond because I don’t have a responsible answer.  I did go through all the other hay analyses in your file, superficially, and nothing stuck out as too outrageously different, comparing them to your present hay, so I feel confident you can make it work.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo

jonno17@...

Thanks so much everyone for your prompt replies, I'm just working on figuring out how to put all of my hay tests in the one folder :) Yes, it is trying times down here at present but we are better off than some :) I was just curious as to whether anyone felt the need for me to soak the hay as it is only just coming in at just under 10% ESC and starch, I am in the process now of saving some money to have someone do a mineral mix for me, I haven't fed out any of this hay yet to my IR ponies as they still have some of last years hay to get through, once again, thank you :)
--
Clarissa
November 2018-Red, Poppet
Tasmania, Australia
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Clarissa%20and%20Red_Poppet

Clarissa,
I see you created a folder to store "Hay Tests" in. To my knowledge the easiest way to move your hay tests into that folder  is to open the folder, then select "Upload File". From this point you can browse you computer for the files hay test files and upload from there. After that you can delete the loose hay test docs.  There is a move function, it has a symbol that looks like scissors.  Each document has small icons to the right, this is where the move is but honestly I do not know how to use it. Hopefully you have those hay test documents on you computer??? It would be easy to simply upload them again while inside of the hay test folder.
--
Bonnie Snodgrass 07-2016

ECIR Group Primary Response

White Cloud, Michigan, USA

Mouse Case History, Photo Album

Clarissa,
I just learned last evening the steps needed to move files/documents within a case history folder. I practiced doing this several times and wrote up the steps.

How to move files within an ECIR Case History folder

Example: A hay test document was loaded directly into my case history folder. I created a new “Hay Tests” folder and I want to “Move” the hay test document into the newly created “Hay Tests” folder.

Step 1 – I click on the scissors icon next to the hay test doc that I want to move. A large list of all folder names in the Case History sub-group will open.

Step 2 – Use the Ctrl key/F key combo to open a search window for this list. A small search window will show in upper right corner of your computer screen.

Step 3 – Enter a search word or combo of words they will appear in the search window.  Example – Mouse is my horse’s name and is part of my Case History title. When I type the word “Mouse” it will show in the search window with numbers indicating how many times “Mouse” is found in the list of case history files.

Step 4 - Click on the search window down arrow to scroll quickly through the list until the folder you are searching for is found. It will be highlighted. Example: My search for “Mouse” brought up my case history folder “Bonnie and Mouse”.  All of my sub folders within my Case History folder are listed below.

Step 5 – You then click on the sub folder that you want to move your file into. The document will automatically “Move” into the selected folder.

Note: when you move a file there is no second copy left behind in the original location. If you misplace the folder when moving it the single copy should still be within your case history folder somewhere.

--
Bonnie Snodgrass 07-2016

ECIR Group Primary Response

White Cloud, Michigan, USA

Mouse Case History, Photo Album

jonno17@...

Awesome, thanks so much Bonnie, all done, thanks for your help :)