Topics

New pictures uploaded

Kati Indigo

I had told lameness vet I wanted to have a different trimmer but since vet said she had full confidence in her trimmer & I hadn't heard back from the new trimmer I am trying to get I let vet's trimmer do a second trim with clogs. To my horror Lily's left foot did not improve, possibly even get worse. Trimmer did not (in my opinion) trim her right. Lily was sedated. After they did her left foot first she could barely stand on it for the rest of the trim. The clogs may have some ability to compensate but Lily did not stand on that left foot after they left, kept on lifting it, moving it forward & back again.

When my roommate came home she noticed Lily's left clog off. But Lily stood better than before. We put her left foot in New Mac boot w. Glove insert & I am desperately trying to get a hold of the trimmer who had come highly recommended. Worst case scenario I beg first trimmer back.

Lily was trying to stretch her legs forward again in pictures.
--
Kati and Lily in Arizona member since October 2018

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/filessearch?q=kati+and+lily

Kirsten Rasmussen

I'm so sorry to hear that Kati.  Is she more comfortable in the boot on rather than the clog?  I don't understand the purpose of clogs, is it just to give better breakover?  Or does the trimmer have other reasons for it?  I hope you are able to get the new trimmer out to help soon....

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR)
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kirsten%20and%20Shaku

Shaku's Photo Album:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=82559&p=Name,,,20,1,0,0

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Kati Indigo

I never heard back from the trimmer I had reached out to. However, a friend of mine highly recommended a farrier who makes his own clogs. I called him &  since he had a cancellation today he showed up within a few hours. He seemed to know what he is doing & pointed out several things that were problematic with vet & farrier's trim & clogs. Lily seemed to feel much better afterwards. So hopefully we are in good hands now.
--
Kati and Lily in Arizona member since October 2018

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/filessearch?q=kati+and+lily

Kati Indigo

Thank you Dr. Kellon for these links. They are very helpful!