He does not take offense at all at suggestions from this board, which is definitely a blessing. Thank you in advance.
--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History:
Photos:

Deb Walker

I mis-stated above...farrier was out on Sunday 10/6,
--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History:
Photos:

Deb Walker

Just bumping this up, so I could have some input before farrier comes tomorrow. Thank you.
--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History:
Photos:

As an overall comment, I think the fronts look MUCH better in terms of backing up the toe, especially the right. The center of breakover on the LF is shifted too far medially. His natural conformation would be to toe out. You can see this standing in front of him and also on the sole.  The center of breakover should line up with the center of the frog.

Not sure what your farrier wants to do but there may be enough foot to actually lower the heels at this point - if not the entire capsule. There was plenty of sole on the May films. What is the collateral groove depth? If you need reassurance, repeat the radiographs.

Deb Walker

Thank you Dr. Kellon. I want to make sure I understand your comment, "the center of breakover on the LF is shifted too far medially." I think you are saying his hoof on the LF is not centered...more sole/hoof on one side of the frog than the other.

This has been the ongoing problem since Scotty started re-growing hoof from the laminitis. I believe that my previous farrier exasperated the condition with several rounds of glue on boots, digging out Scotty's bars, etc. Each time a glue on was applied or removed, a portable grinder was used to prepare his hoof wall to hold the glue, or to remove excess glue. That is when I started noticing that one side of his LF had more sole than the other side, and that's when the entire hoof seemed to shift and become pigeon toed.

My new farrier is working on this process, as he explained to me, "trying to make both sides more even." Since Scotty's bars are no longer being dug out, his collateral grooves are not very deep in my opinion, and my new guy did mention something concerning he would like to work more on that. I asked him if he felt Scotty still had good sole depth, and he said he did.

Thank you so much for your comments and help. I will share all of this with him, and see where we can go. Both my vet and farrier have told me not to worry too much about what Scotty's feet "look like"...that if he is comfortable and moving well, that is the goal.
--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History:
Photos:

Deb Walker

Unfortunately here I am again...farrier didn't come...and waiting. I trust him to do Scotty alone if I am not here, but there was a lot I wanted to talk to him about before the next trim....sigh :(
--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History:
Photos:

Deb Walker

Scotty got a new, probably a more extensive, trim today. My farrier read Dr. Kellon's notes, and we discussed where to go from *here.* He told me what he thought, and he still wants to be not real aggressive, but he did a bit more. Scotty is not sore as of tonight. Farrier is out of town for a week, so we will pick up from there. His left front which was/has been really off looked a lot better today after the trim. Again...baby steps!
--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History: