not a new topic, just to clarify

Daisy Shepherd

vet due at 1030 for glucose and insulin,  tiko fed at 700  his low  s & s hay 5 to 6 # with turn out at 800 to pasture with muzzle with 1 inch hole,  is this a good time frame for blood work ? thank you, daisy,tiko,whisper
Daisy, Tiko and Whisper
CO, April 2019
Case History:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Daisy%20and%20Tiko
Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=90099&p=Name,,,20,2,0,0

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

If you could back up his hay to 6:30 that would be better.

Starshine Ranch

So for ACTH we don't have to fast them but for the Insulin part of the test we do?
--
Linda in CA  2020  Midnight and Ostara
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Linda%20Midnight%20OStara

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

No. You don't have to fast for any of the tests. The reason for the 4 hour wait is that insulin response to the first feeding of the day is exaggerated.  He won't be fasting with that hole in the  muzzle.

Daisy Shepherd

thank you dr kellon.    daisy,tiko,whisper
Daisy, Tiko and Whisper
CO, April 2019
Case History:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Daisy%20and%20Tiko
Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=90099&p=Name,,,20,2,0,0