Now: Commercial Feed Analysis Library - 08/08/2022 #cal-notice

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Commercial Feed Analysis Library

When:
08/08/2022

View Event

Commercial Feed Analysis Library

Over the years individual ECIR Group members have sent various commercial feeds to be tested then generously shared the information. The Commercial Feed Analysis Library is a new term for an old file folder where any member can go and view unbiased analyses of commercial feeds. These analyses are a valuable part of the science that the ECIR uses to help our IR and PPID horses and are valuable tools used to prevent laminitis.

If you have an analysis of a commercial feed please, instead of uploading it to your own folder, please consider sharing it with the entire group by by notifying us here.

View the Commercial Feed Analysis Library

Thanks for your help and cooperation.

- ECIR Group Owners and Support Team

This is a great resource!
Are there guidelines to keep in mind when reviewing the different feeds? My understanding was that ESC + Starch should be below 10%. But many of these feeds are above that % when looking at the Dry Matter values....

thanks,
Amy

--
Amy & Baldur - Franklin, NY
April 2022

Baldur's Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Amy%20and%20Baldur
Baldur's Photos:

Hi Amy,

As noted, this is the Commercial Feed Analysis Library, NOT the safe feed list.  It's just a way for people to look up feeds that they may be using or thinking of using to see if they might be safe or not.  Most commercial feeds are not actually safe, no matter what they claim.

Thanks, Sherry -- I was referring to those feeds on the "safe feeds" list, (such as TC Timothy Balance Cubes and Nuzu Stabul1), and which values should we be looking at: "As Sampled" or "Dry Matter"....

--
Amy & Baldur - Franklin, NY
April 2022

Baldur's Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Amy%20and%20Baldur
Baldur's Photos:

We always look at the 'as sampled' column, not the dry matter.