Topics

Nuzu or Uckele: pill popper options?

Jennifer Haunschild

Have either companies considered making a pill popper option to hide Prascend in?   A squishy treat that can be pulled apart and folded around the pill would work too.

--
- Jennifer Haunschild
Sept 2019, Edmond, OK

Space Cowboy Case History:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jennifer%20and%20Space%20Cowboy

Photo Album:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/Casehistory/album?id=96011

ferne fedeli

Beet-e-Bites makes a pill pocket you might try.

--

Ferne Fedeli     2007

No. California
Case History

Regional Members Database Coordinator

 - see who is near you

Add your contact information if you want to help out/meet ECIR members in your area.

Cheryl Oickle

I make the flax cookies of consistency that is soft enough to slip the pills into the middle.
Works like a charm

--
Cheryl and Jewel
Oct 2018

I use flax seed moistened with water and a little salt and stick the pill in that.  I usually end up opening her mouth with my left hand and sticking it in as far as I can with  my right.  I've tried syringing it in (she spits it out) as well as pilling guns, etc.  She will take a small piece of apple or carrot, but manages to spit the pill out and so I just shove it back in again.  I figure if I'm just going to shove the pill in anyway, I don't need the risk of the apple or carrot. She does the best job of keeping it in and swallowing with the flaxseed, probably because she can't chew that well.  Sometimes I get bit, but it's really not much different than sliding a bit in once you get your technique down.
--
Helen, Josie and Kyra
May 2016