On founder...

Eclectk1@...

My vet was adamantly AGAINST any turnout while in the acute stage... he says
that the laminia is damaged and weakened, and that any activity on it may
cause it to tear away worse... so for whatever that may be worth...

rich goldy <rmgoldy@...>

My vet told me once the inflammation had gone down (24 hours) to get him
out out of the stall. Clancy's case(he's not cushingoid) was "mild"
though.
I feel that you do have to worry about tearing the laminae during the
first acute stages of inflammation. But after six days or so, I think
thats what she said, the pony should be fine moving around. Some vets
recommend hand walking the horse right away too. Go with what your
instincts are telling you are right for your individual horse or pony.
Only you can make the decision.
I am just offering the new way of treating founder that the europeans
have found to be most effective. And I have too.

Eclectk1@... wrote:

My vet was adamantly AGAINST any turnout while in the acute stage...
he says
that the laminia is damaged and weakened, and that any activity on it
may
cause it to tear away worse... so for whatever that may be worth...

Shortcut URL to this page:

http://www.onelist.com/community/EquineCushings