Pergolide with Bute

Starshine Ranch

I recall reading that it is ok to give Bute to a horse on Pergolide.  My horse needs 1 gm in the AM and another in the PM which is when I generally administer her Pergolide.  How far apart should I space them?
--
Linda in Grass Valley, CA  2020  Midnight and Ostara
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Linda%20Midnight%20OStara

Starshine Ranch

Did anyone see this?  Does anyone know the answer?
--
Linda in Grass Valley, CA  2020  Midnight and Ostara
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Linda%20Midnight%20OStara

Hi Linda,
I don’t believe there’s an issue with giving bute to a horse on pergolide. I’ve certainly done that occasionally.  As I’m sure you’re aware, we don’t support the use of bute long term due to its side effects.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo

Sherry Morse

Linda,

Dr. Kellon answered this question for you last July: Re: Pergolide and Bute (groups.io)

Starshine Ranch

Thank you and I'm sorry I didn't remember.  We've been under 5' of snow with power out for 2 weeks... just got it back this a.m.  My mind has been a bit foggy.
--
Linda in Grass Valley, CA  2020  Midnight and Ostara
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Linda%20Midnight%20OStara

Sherry Morse

Hopefully you're not getting hit with more snow.  Usually I would say 'search messages' but in this case you actually had this exact same topic heading last year so when I sorted messages it popped right up for me.  Believe me, we can't all remember every last thing :-)