Pet Health Pharmacy

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Pet Health has merged with the Scottsdale pharmacy Avrio. Avrio is PCAB https://www.achc.org/compounding-pharmacy/ accredited. Rich and another pharmacist from Pet Health (Laura) are now working at Avrio

All prescriptions have been moved over and there will be no interruption in service. In fact, they say orders may go out quicker now.

Prescriptions will now list both the mg of pergolide mesylate and the mg of pergolide base.

millionairess1989

Hi Dr. Kellon,

Do you know when this took place?

It was quite a trial to get my new prescriptions filled recently. Apparently it was complicated to have one owner with two horses getting pergolide and Mill being on 2 different doses because they don't compound higher than23mg.

Thanks,
--
Jennifer in Middle TN  2010
 Mill 32 yrs Arabian-PPID, IR & Pacemaker Dependent

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jennifer%20and%20Millionairess

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jennifer%20and%20Jack-TN%20Walker

Interesting, Jennifer.  I haven’t had any issues with mine and I have a horse with two prescriptions as well.  I am due to reorder in 7-10 days so I’ll keep your experience in mind.  They’ve had that same limit for quite awhile.  They told me they didn’t have any experience with more per capsule but were willing to try.  I decided I’d rather not put all my eggs in one basket, or capsule if you will.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Jennifer,

I don't know the date, only that it was recent. I can see where that would be confusing to someone not familiar with it. I would suggest to anyone running into an issue to ask for Laura or Rich.

It reportedly happened last week.
--
Fran in Texas

ECIR Board of Directors

7-2005

Tinker, Dancer, and Ford (over the bridge)

Ford Case History https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Fran%20and%20Ford%20-Tinker/Ford

Tinker Case History https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Fran%20and%20Ford%20-Tinker/Tinker

Tinker Photos: CaseHistory@ECIR.groups.io | Album
Dancer Case History  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Fran%20and%20Ford%20-Tinker/Dancer%20Case%20History.pdf

Starshine Ranch

Oh good!  My vet asked for 10mg/ml and the pharmacist argued with her and said he wouldn't go any higher than 5mg/ml... even when she told him SHE was the vet!  My friend said to only go thru Laura and her extension is 9624.  Hopefully this will be a change for the good.
--
Linda in CA  2020  Midnight and Ostara
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Linda%20Midnight%20OStara

Also, Jennifer, my vet said she had to discuss the two prescriptions for one horse with them when that became an issue and your vet may need to do that as well.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response
July 2012

Martha and Logo

millionairess1989

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I think they just got confused about needing 3 rxs for 2 horses. Then they couldn't find one of them that called called in to be put on file so my vet had to give them the info a second time. Next we got into the shipping issue since I have them sent to the animal hospital at which I work so it doesn't sit in my mailbox on the street all day long.

Thanks for the tip about Laura and her phone extension. Hopefully the next time will be easier :)
--
Jennifer in Middle TN  2010
 Mill 32 yrs Arabian-PPID, IR & Pacemaker Dependent
Jack 22 yrs TN Walker- IR & RAO

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jennifer%20and%20Millionairess

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jennifer%20and%20Jack-TN%20Walker

celestinefarm

Pet Health was bought, according to their website , around six or seven months ago by Women's International Pharmacy. Their website doesn't say anything about the  newest move to Aviro, however, googling their name it says a division of Aviro. Their facebook page hadn't been updated since March, but on September 1,2021, a partial logo was posted, no script or discussion. Aviro is located in Scottsdale, and Pet Health's address is in Youngstown, AZ.  I know Dr. Kellon said nothing has changed and all Rx have been moved over, but does that mean the contact number is the same to call? Are none of the other pharmacists or pharmacy tech's moving with them or is it just Rich and Laura?
--
Dawn Wagstaff and Tipperary

Saline, MI  2003

Tipperary Case History

Marsha Cloutier

I found out Thursday that with the move/take over, as a VT resident can no longer get my script there because they are not licensed to dispense here for now. They offered to transfer it to Mixlab based in NYC which is much closer to me. I talked with several of their employees on Friday and had no trouble getting the script transferred.  Super nice and they said they would honor Pet Health Pharmacy pricing. They ship overnight/next day so hopefully the postal system won’t screw up my shipment like it did several times from AZ. Hopefully I will like them as much as I did PHP.

Marsha in VT- NEK
joined 2015, Charlotte- IR & Thomas PPID & IR
sorry no link to case history as I am on my phone

Thank you for posting this, Marsha!  This includes me!
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response
July 2012

Martha and Logo

Cindy M

I received a ltter today from Pet Health. Avrio are not licensed in my state. Like Marsha, I will need to transfer my Rx. They provided a phone number to call. 800-742-0516, if anyone needs that.

Avrio IS licensed in 38 states. The letter say to check their website for updates on where they will be able to ship. It implies they are working on expanding licensing to additional states.
--
Cindy Martin
Nov 2009

celestinefarm

I also received the letter from Pet Health today. For anyone who is wondering, currently Aviro is not licensed in the following states. AL, AR, DC,LA, MD, MS,NH, NJ , OK, TN, VT, and WV. If you are a current client, the letter says you should receive a followup communication explaining how Pet Health is going to ensure your pet has a convenient transition to care.
--
Dawn Wagstaff and Tipperary

Saline, MI  2003

Tipperary Case History

millionairess1989

Wow, I'm really glad that I have my prescriptions shipped to my work address in KY. Otherwise I'd be out of luck as a TN resident.
--
Jennifer in Middle TN  2010
 Mill 32 yrs Arabian-PPID, IR & Pacemaker Dependent
Jack 22 yrs TN Walker- IR & RAO

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jennifer%20and%20Millionairess

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jennifer%20and%20Jack-TN%20Walker

Mule Maid

Thriving Pets is up and thriving. They are, I think he said, in 48 states, UK and Canada.

Ears to Ya!

Vicky

AVG logo

www.avg.com

--
Ears to Ya!
Vicky for Ida and friends

Nancy C

For NH, they have sent me to Mixlab out of NYC.  https://www.mixlabrx.com/about-us

--
Nancy C in NH

Recordings of the 2021 NO Laminitis! Conference released to attendees 09.03.21.

Cindy M

Thanks Vicky, (Mule Maid in Southern Illinois.)

Good to know Thriving Pets is operational in many states in the USA. They supplied my compounded pergolide when PPID first became my roller coaster in the late 2000s.

There ARE options out there. We will just need to explore them. (Because..... what else do we have to do???????????)
--
Cindy Martin
Nov 2009
Lincoln, AR
Burley - Reuban - Scout - Grace Case Histories

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

If you are not in a state where Aviro is licensed I suggest you wait for the transition advice and take it.  That way you will be getting a qualified and reliable pharmacy.

Saying they will ship to many states does not necessarily mean a given pharmacy is licensed to do so. Some will ship illegally figuring they will probably get away with it.

Nancy C

I would ask Thriving Pets for a copy  of the compounding pharmacy license for your state.

I would ask any pharmacy that one might have concern about.