Phyto-Quench

cjfacey6@...

Good afternoon, I just received my order of Phyto-Quench pellets from Uckele, when switching a horse off of NSAID's (Equioxx specifically) to Phyto-quench, is it recommended to taper down gradually or can I just switch? I am sure this question has been asked before, but I cannot find a clear answer from searching. I have the example of how to taper saved in my files, but I have seen posts on here stating to taper as well as just to directly switch. So I would like to receive some feedback on this, my horse has been on the Equioxx for about three weeks.

I will also be starting Jiaogulan along with the Phyto-quench, the trim is good and I have a farrier who has and will continue coming out consistently every 4 weeks.

Thank you!
--
Courtney F. in OR 2022

Ribbon Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Courtney%20and%20Ribbon

Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=276443

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

If only three weeks you can probably just switch. Use a full dose of PQ pellets twice a day and you can even double that if needed.

cjfacey6@...

Ok, thank you Dr Kellon, will start on regular does and increase if needed. Do you have any suggestions for getting a picky horse to eat the pellets?
--
Courtney F. in OR 2022

Ribbon Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Courtney%20and%20Ribbon

Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=276443

Kirsten Rasmussen

You could try mixing them in with a bit of Uckele CocoSoya and some rinse/soaked/rinsed beet pulp if he likes that.

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR + PPID) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History
Shaku's Photo Album

cjfacey6@...

Ok thank you Kirsten for the suggestion. I will give this a try.
--
Courtney F. in OR 2022

Ribbon Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Courtney%20and%20Ribbon

Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=276443

Shevawn Romine

The tub recommends 1 scoop per day - is your recommendation to double that to 2 scoops per day and even 4 if needed?     Just want to be sure,  thanks.   I have the PhytoQuench with DC.
--
Shevawn and Cassie  03/2015 Gordon,TX

Sherry Morse

Use a full dose of PQ pellets twice a day and you can even double that if needed would be 2 scoops a day up to 4 if needed by my math.