Pilgrim refusing to eat supplements/Necessary Insulin Wise

Suzanne and Pilgrim

Since our move to a new facility on January 1, Pilgrim has refused to take his beet pulp with supplements. Never in 3 years has this occurred.  I suspected ulcers too late. I was convinced it was an issue in his mouth in mid-December. Mouth was perfect - so not the issue. I had noticed his eating patterns had been changing.  He is now starting 3rd week of Omeprazole.

I am trying out different taste tempters todays ie. Hoffman’s BalancIR.  Masterfeeds in Winnipeg will get back to me if they carry soy hull pellets. If they don’t I don’t know where to source them out. I do see that online Amazon, for instance, is selling 100% soy hull pellets for people who want to grow mushrooms. is that a safe purchase to consider?

Lecia Martin

Hi Suzanne:   regarding soy hull pellets, Otter Co-op out of Langley BC manufactures the pellets.   I source them from Lonestar Tack and Feed in Calgary, Ab.  Hope that helps.
--
Lecia Flyte and Flame
Alberta, Canada

Suzanne and Pilgrim

Thanks, Lecia. It seems that Masterfeeds in Winnipeg does indeed carry them after all does have soy hull pellets after all.

Suzanne

--
Suzanne and Pilgrim
Joined March 2019

hdavis

Nancy C

Hi Suzanne

I may have missed this, but I wanted to offer our experience. My guys will go on and off their custom meals based on how dry it is.

I usually just give enough moisture to keep the minerals on the pellets (Poulin Carb Safe). When I find their meal dried out and not eaten, I add more water. Even adding while still in the bowl it gets eaten.  When adding before serving it always gets eaten.

HTH
--
Nancy C in NH