PPID testing

Ann Conn

Begin forwarded message:

Date: September 7, 2022 at 7:31:37 PM CDT
To: main+help@ecir.groups.io
Subject: PPID testing

Would a test labeled Plasma, Edta, ACTH Pre TRH response, sampled 07/22/2022, received 07/29/2022, finalized 08/01/2022 --sent to Cornell be reliable??  Since it took 7 days to get there and is TRH during the rise?
Asking for a friend who may have a case history for Captain Drifter, but someone else did it for her and we can't find it much less know how to add the test results.
Thank you,
Ann Conn
Azeem, 2016
Central Texas

--
Ann & Azeem
IR/PPID  2016
central Texas

Trisha DePietro

Hi Ann. What is your friends name and what is the name of the person that helped with the case history? Captain Drifter is a familiar name to me, but I can't obviously remember the owners name :) 

--
Trisha DePietro
Aug 2018
NH
Dolly and Hope's Case Histories
Dolly's Photos 
Hope's Photos 
Primary Responder

Maxine McArthur

Ann, is it Laura and Captain Drifter? She will need to add the test results to the case history she saved on her device and upload it to her folder here: CaseHistory@ECIR.groups.io | Files

She'll need to delete the old case history file so there is only one in the folder at a time. Instructions for uploading are on the case history form. 
--
Maxine and Indy (PPID) and Dangles (PPID)

Canberra, Australia 2010
ECIR Primary Response

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Maxine%20and%20Indy%20and%20Dangles 
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=933

Laura Harvey is who I came up with as well.  She’s the person who uploaded the data, also listed as owner.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response
July 2012 

Logo (dec. 7/20/19), Tobit(EC) and Pumpkin, Handy and Silver (EC/IR)

Martha and Logo

Sherry Morse

To answer the actual question - TRH Stim testing is not accurate (or recommended) from July through December.  We would need to focus on the baseline ACTH number once that's provided.

Laura's information is in her signature/user profile:

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Like baseline ACTH values, the response to TRH goes up in the fall. What we don't know absolutely for sure is what the upper limit should be but preliminary data suggests double to triple the usual 10 minute response. Most tests would probably have to be called questionable or equivocal at this point although we have seen very high response, say over 500 to 600, that were clearly abnormal.
--
Eleanor in PA

www.drkellon.com 
EC Owner 2001
The first step to wisdom is "I don't know."

Kirsten Rasmussen

Hi Ann,

In terms if how long it took to get there, ask your vet when it was actually shipped.   It can be stored at the clinic in a freezer without issues if it's a long weekend or the vet wants to ship multiple samples together, so it may still have gone overnight express.  Sometimes the lab will note if it arrived in poor condition on their report.

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR + PPID) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada
ECIR Group Moderator

Shaku's Case History
Shaku's Photo Album