Prascend and Central Nervous System issues

kalloway@...

Hello,

5 days ago I increased Faith’s Prascend dose and have seen and improvement in her weight shifting. However today at her feet trimming she had an episode where she was trembling and had a central nervous system reaction. It was certainly a worrying episode. In looking for reasons I have discovered that prascend can have a central nervous system reactions.

Has anybody experienced this. Should I back off her dose? Is there any other recommendations as to how I should approach this latest development?

Thanks

--
Karen
Victoria Australia

kalloway@...

Her increased dose is 2mg per day
--
Karen
Victoria Australia

Sherry Morse

What was she doing besides trembling?

kalloway@...

I don’t know if you would call it a fit but it was almost like one to me. The was trembling or shaking uncontrollably.
--
Karen
Victoria Australia

Bobbie Day

Karen
i do find this interesting as Desi did this a time or two, but only when I was administering a shot or medication. I just attributed it to something in her past, she only did it a handful of times. But a mare we lost several years ago that I now know had classical signs of PPID, which regardless of the many, many vet visits we had was missed, she had bad neurological problems. She would run into things etc. I can’t help but think it was because her PPID since the pituitary gland is involved, but I would be interested in Dr.K’s opinion.

--

Bobbie and Maggie
Desi (over the rainbow bridge 7/21)

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Bobbie%20and%20Maggie