Topics

prevacox vs phyto quench (also Cur-ost)

I'm using Cur-Ost also and find that it is really working well for my 22 year old gelding.  I've been meaning to post to see what others on this site think about it.  He has navicular in addition to some arthritis (or really crooked lower leg syndrome if that could be a diagnosis).  I'm able to maintain him on 1/2 a dose of Cur-ost.  He was on Adequan injections and Previcox). I started using it after another older horse at our barn had really amazing results, that was also when Adequan was hard to get.  Earlier (prior to Previcox) Phyto Quench worked ok for my mare, but didn't have the same results for him.

Sandi and Cody in WV

2008

robyn tucker <venturesv@...>

Just wanted to share with the group that we have experienced similar results using Cur-Ost with our 16 and 14 yo Arabian geldings as Sandi has with her 22 year old gelding. Both horses had injuries that healed with a variety of therapies but inflammation and heat or just swelling persisted around the injury areas (meniscus tear and tendon injury), especially when they were not being ridden many miles or at all.

The horses got Adequan injections at least every three weeks for about a year after their injuries and one horse was given previcox for short periods during that same year. We stopped the Adequan and previcox and began giving the horses straight Turmeric. That helped. But Cur-Ost as a maintenance herbal blend has pretty much eliminated both the inflammation and heat. I take the human form and it helps my knee joints a lot!!!!!

Hope it was OK to share this info with all on this forum.

Robyn & Toons
North Bay CA
Oct 2015

On Jun 18, 2016, at 7:26 PM, Sandra Keller <saddlebredfan@...> wrote:

I'm using Cur-Ost also and find that it is really working well for my 22 year old gelding.

Lorna Cane

Hi Robyn,

Which of the Cur-OST products are you using?

https://www.nouvelleresearch.com/index.php/products/equine-formulas/

--

Lorna in Ontario,Canada

Robyn Tucker <venturesv@...>

Hi Lorna,
We have been using Cur-Ost EQ Green - the maintenance product.

Robyn & Toons, Fyrstic
North Bay CA
Oct 2015

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 19, 2016, at 3:36 AM, Lorna Cane <windybriars@...> wrote:

Hi Robyn,

Which of the Cur-OST products are you using?

https://www.nouvelleresearch.com/index.php/products/equine-formulas/

--

Lorna in Ontario,Canada

Lorna Cane

Which one are you using, Sandi ?

--

Lorna in Ontario,Canada

Sorry Lorna, I'm looking at my old posts and noticed I missed replying to you.  Just in case it helps someone I'll reply to this old thread.
We are using the Curost EQ Pure
https://nouvelleresearch.com/index.php/product/cur-ost-eq-pure

I've been very happy with it but am reevaluating it due to cost.  Trying the Phyto Quench pellets since they are tasty now. and I noticed it also has Tumeric.
He started being ouchy this fall and I thought it was the arthritis getting worse.  Turns out it was an abscess and I've been lax on my oversight.
I'll be uploading my updated case history and bloodwork in a few days.