Probiotic Digestive Supplement Question

Jennifer Green

Fergus is almost through his first container of Uckele Absorb-All. Generally, he still has loose poop. In the past we’ve also tried GUT and SmartDigest and he continued to have loose poop with those also. Even the diet change hasn’t seemed to have any effect on his GI issues.

Before I reorder the Absorb-All, I wasn’t sure if there was a different digestive support supplement that I should try.
--
J.Green
MA, USA

Hi Jennifer,
Try searching the messages for ‘probiotic’ to see what comes up.  I just did that and the list is long.  The topic is discussed frequently because it’s frustrating on a number of levels.  I have been lucky with my horses as it has always been caused by a change in forage and would clear up on its own.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Are you also giving psyllium?

Tina Bachmann

Jennifer, I too was having a hard time figuring out why Griffin was having loose stools. Such a mess on stall walls and in paddocks. After I stopped feeding the TC safe starch forage, TC 30% balancer and change from a soaked hay to one I don’t have to soak, and went to the emergency diet his stools have been normal. I did slowly introduce new hay over a 2 week period. Now I will start introducing minerals to balance my hay. I am not sure what was the exact reason his stools changed but hang in there hopefully you will get the change soon.
Tina and Griffin

--
Tina Bachmann in VA 2021
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Tina%20and%20Griffin

Jennifer Green

No but I can try it. Feed it with absorb all ?
--
J.Green
MA, USA
2021
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Fergus%20Case%20History
CaseHistory@ECIR.groups.io | Album

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Yes, feed 4 oz by weight, which is 8 oz volume measure of a loose powder. Wet it before mixing into feed. It doesn't seem very appetizing but they'll eat it.  I don't recommend pellets. They don't break down very well.

Jennifer Green

Ok I will order him both this time. Thank you!