Proven Equine "Chelated" Minerals

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

For those of you who saw the post about Proven Equine minerals before I deleted it, after reading that page I feel obligated to respond.

This product is a bucket of dirt, specifically clay. It is in no way, shape or form a treatment for laminitis or anything else. It should be used to make a poultice, not fed to your horse.  This clay can adsorb positively charged minerals but that is not the same thing as chelation. The levels of the nutritionally important minerals in this product are ridiculously low. Caveat emptor.

Some of the more familiar uses for the montmorillonate clay in this product is as an anticaking agent or kitty litter.